New to me PL400

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
That and black will create traffic patterns...one-way to the amp.

Tagline
---
I built some new meter hold downs today, as I was missing one and the other three were completely roached. My meters were mostly held in with silicone. I soda blasted the meter bezels and will bring them to work tomorrow and see how the powder coat works out. Keeping my fingers crossed that they won't meltdown in the oven. Our black is a pretty thick and hope that I don't lose too much profile in the corners, but there is some pitting and corrosion that needs to be covered. I will definitely report back with some pics. I don't mind being the guinea pig for posterity here. I did contact Perry and he is set with handles and ferrules, but didn't have any to fit my amp. He sent me some links, but I'm gonna make some anyway because this is my project and I enjoy putting some blood into it.:toothy5: I'm also going to bring the face plate in and have the laser engineer look at it and see if he can duplicate the script. Thank you to everybody that has helped me so far and has looked at this thread. I would have never gotten this far..... and I still need to WO this thing....:happy1:

Attachments

Tagline
---
Your hold downs need a little offset.....
I have some .25 punch slugs I'm going to put under the meter side to keep the screws straight. That seemed to be the problem with the originals. Even with the offset the screws were set at an angle. I'll keep them straight up. It doesn't need a lot of pressure to hold the meters in and my screws were bent right over. Had a hell of a time just getting them out.

Tagline
---
Until I can come up with something better this is my fix. Wish me luck on the bezel baking process, and if it works.....
First thing i done did two years ago when amp dragged over to house. I used Krylon semi-gloss after stripping meter frames. I posted full size shot of clip but do not know if original. Looks like 10-32 or 28 on tapped alum bar stock which would be easy to fab. Rat Shack was out of blue leds so I used whites after going over meter stuck movements during that time.

The CLIP

Mike

Tagline
---
First thing i done did two years ago when amp dragged over to house. I used Krylon semi-gloss after stripping meter frames. I posted full size shot of clip but do not know if original. Looks like 10-32 or 28 on tapped alum bar stock which would be easy to fab. Rat Shack was out of blue leds so I used whites after going over meter stuck movements during that time.

The CLIP

Mike
I dropped the bezels off at powder coat dept at work today. I have to wait until they are doing gothic black, but shouldn't be more than a day or 2. The painter sounded confident that he will have acceptable results. Still trying to get machine time to bend my handles and make ferrules. The hold downs I made are a couple posts back and I think will work well. Wow. These amps are a lot of work, but worth every minute I put into it. The only thing that disappoints me right now is the fact that it is out of service while I have it apart.

Goggle1824

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Progress...

Loving the progress, I've been sidetracked on my 400 with a few speaker projects, need to get back at it ASAP!

Just wanted to to drop you a line and confirm other inquiring minds are still watching and learning. :hello1: