New Phoenix tape

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I just got some weird shells. It has a window on the A side; but is solid on the B side. A good price. They are type Is. Wondering what I could print on the back side and how many colors I could do. I never saw a shell like it. LOL I can get a bunch of them. But at this point I have bought so much stock it isn't funny.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
speakerman1 said:
On the testing of the tape. The more the merrier. Just Orange gets to be last.

Larry

I am I suppose to pass the tapes I received on to someone else? I need to listen to them this weekend. :reindeer:

And where does one get the Red Phoenix Chromes? I have few of the Blue and a few of the Metals, but I am missing the Red Tapes.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Well I finally listened to the tapes. As far as I can tell Tape A is the original and Tape B the dub.

In my opinion Larry's recordings are somewhat over saturated. And the dub tape B it loses a few db's and the bass became a tad muddy and boomy. Jerry's recording of the same song was much more vibrant and really brought out clarity and the best of this Chrome Tape. Jerry's With the recording levels kept at a fairly decent level the recordings sounded great, natural and very listenable.. I'd give this chrome tape a heads up and it is not much different than my experience with TDK or Maxell Type II Tapes. Looks like we have a winner here.

Ok so who is the next victim for these tapes. I didn't record anything new, but left Larry's and Jerry's recordings on them.

So do the tapes go to clhboa, jaetee, ronin or Orange?

:cheers:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I got last, Web.

See the pecking order.

I get to eat the evidence when we're done!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
The tapes will be going to clhboa next. Have fun and erase and record over them if you want. Larry needs your input on them.

After you are through with them the tapes should go to jaetee, then ronin and lastly Orange who will be the proud owner of them? I got the order from the postings in this thread.

Thanks

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Okies clhboa the two new Phoenix tapes are on their way. I would guess you will receive them on Thursday.

There are also 4 new blank tapes included with the Phoenix Tapes. You can keep one of the four tapes and send the other three to the next party, that way everyone on the test list will be able to keep one new tape.

The next recipient should be jaetee, then ronin and lastly Orange.

Enjoy. :)

ronin

Journeyman
Web Police said:
Well I finally listened to the tapes. As far as I can tell Tape A is the original and Tape B the dub.

In my opinion Larry's recordings are somewhat over saturated. And the dub tape B it loses a few db's and the bass became a tad muddy and boomy. Jerry's recording of the same song was much more vibrant and really brought out clarity and the best of this Chrome Tape. Jerry's With the recording levels kept at a fairly decent level the recordings sounded great, natural and very listenable.. I'd give this chrome tape a heads up and it is not much different than my experience with TDK or Maxell Type II Tapes. Looks like we have a winner here.

Ok so who is the next victim for these tapes. I didn't record anything new, but left Larry's and Jerry's recordings on them.

So do the tapes go to clhboa, jaetee, ronin or Orange?

Hi guys,

Just wondering where we are presently in the pecking order. Are there any other reviews / info from the testers?

Appreciated.

:cheers:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I sent the tapes to clhboa on 1/25 so he probably received them on the 27th or 28th. I think from there jaetee was next on the list. After that they should go to ronin and lastly orange.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
I've got them. I got them at the same time I received the Guitar TT. I'll try to review them and send them on in a few days.

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
I listened to them last night. I have to agree with Jerry's assessment. I thought side two of tape two sounded real nice. I'm also going to assume that tape 2 is the dub. What was that on tape one? Kind of fun stuff!