New build for shop system

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I believe "Smell-a-vision" is an option for another ten grand on that 85" Sony model...

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Just landed home. Where to start... so far I’m impressed with these el-cheapo speakers. Opened one up, looks pretty good for $79 USD delivered. 3” voice coils, decent finish. They don’t “look” cheap and if they perform like the 12” I used for car subs for a friend they should do well. They’re only running 20~100/150hz. There’s still two more in the house... couch was full I guess...

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I believe "Smell-a-vision" is an option for another ten grand on that 85" Sony model...
Scored last years model Samsung 58” 4K for $699 maple syrups. Buddy is a vintage audio guy so we were talking PL gear and R2R stuff. He remembered me from a few years ago when I bought my last TV and knocked a couple hun off. Decent, I like to support local shops when I can.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Anything get fucked up during shipment from the states?
Not as far as I see. Shit was very well packaged, peeked at the light board quick but didn’t even pull it out of the tube yet. You didn’t spare the bubble wrap Lee!

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Will be interested how those 18" woofers work out, I will be in the market for a pair of 18's for subs I plan to built this summer.... I was thinking of spending up to $300 per woof but I love saving money. In pic you can see the frames I built to enclose for the 18" woofers, they come in at about 7.5 cuft..... I had mocked them up trying to decide square ports or round ports... will be way easier to just do round ports

Attachments

Last edited: