New build for shop system

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
All wired and assembled other than trim rings need to be painted and installed. Took them for a test drive powered by one mx3000. All I can say is WOW. It pretty serious. A flourescent bulb came out, my wrenches shaking on the peg board and my eyes rattlenin my head. I think I have enough bottom end now!

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Just got back from trevers place. Helping him rebuild the front deck on his house. Making the hand railings in his shop as it’s raining prettt good here tonight. Had a little speaker lubricant and decided to “stress test” these Rockville drivers a couple more songs before bed. Its border line obscene even with only one monster amp running all eight. I need to go around the shop and cut wood and make lips for my shelves as a pile of stuff made it’s way to the floor... I installed the “beer can capacitor” crossover boards in the three way cabinets and also replacedthe 10” mids which were damaged when the caps shorted. System sounds real nice and clean again.

So far I’m impressed. For an inexpensive speaker they seem to be performing. I didn’t mention anything before as I wanted to see how they actually sounded, but one arrived damaged (the magnet shifted and destroyed the speaker), another was previously opened but otherwise new and one was packaged in its box upside down. I ordered them through amazon and was well beyond my return window as I was sailing at the time. I spoke with amazon and Rockville, both were friendly and helpful and amazon took care of the replacement free of charge and no return required. The packaging amazon shipped them in was how should I say “less than ideal” but it worked out in the end I guess.

Now I gotta get them up on the shelf. Probably going to fabricate some temporary forks for my little John Deere tractor to lift them up there. They’re easily over 250lbs each.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Maybe another side gig doing subs for nightclubs and smaller FOH installations?

I believe Rush we’re trying to get to the beer when the freezer opened... once all the amps are hot maybe they’ll succeed.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Hahaha I wonder what insurance would say if the building comes apart! Might get them on the shelf today. I have to put the big ass old tractor out to do it though and it’s raining.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Well I didn’t get much done on my stuff today, working with friends but that’s ok, they all chipped in on the build. I did get this text (picrelated) tonight though. He’s about 3-5 Miles as the crow flies away with solid spruce woods between us. I’m still only on on Mx3000... 8CB166F8-761B-4121-8666-F259EBF16E97.png

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Good bunch of friends. They can all handle a little poke in the ribs and laugh it off. This fella is known in town as “Fat head” and comes by it honestly... got that German square head deal going on.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Working on the 18” cabinets for the house tonight. Glued thenoorts in with PL construction adhesive, started into the “make pertty” work. Sanding, router the edges and filling screw holes.