Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
But they holes in the back, lets all the sound leak out, in the wrong direction. I'll stick with the JBL's. Besides I already got em.

dose it really matter? ported vented bassreflex what ever you want to call it should not matter since bass is omnie-directional it should sound the same if it on the front rear or a side. only thing when it is on the back you can not put them on the wall.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
yes that is true sound can from the rear of a speaker. unless I have misunderstud some things I have read mid and high frequincies are directional but low frequincies can be persived from all directions

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That's it Andrew. We had a D 9 go rogue in Gillette a long time ago. Wiped out 23 cars and 5 apartment buildings. A disgruntled coal miner.

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
That's it Andrew. We had a D 9 go rogue in Gillette a long time ago. Wiped out 23 cars and 5 apartment buildings. A disgruntled coal miner.
Well shit! How about the British guy the sprayed down city hall with manure...

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Part 12: DCP circuit installed and tested. I don't have a frequency generator (but I did buy a cheap-o Chinezy DIY from FleaBay) but I found a different use for the Audacity application. Funny- the PL400 rebuild I did a while back had the DCP cutoff at 17Hz, is that a bit too high?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Depends on your speakers I suppose. But some source material goes below that so you might get some nuisance trips...

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Part 12: DCP circuit installed and tested. I don't have a frequency generator (but I did buy a cheap-o Chinezy DIY from FleaBay) but I found a different use for the Audacity application. Funny- the PL400 rebuild I did a while back had the DCP cutoff at 17Hz, is that a bit too high?

Toda!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
R138 is the front panel sensitivity control- shouldn’t this be *audio* taper?
Is this another world famous PL typo?
67A217F3-304B-41BB-8F7C-4BEE7F6CF57E.jpeg

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Nope, L100's only, they got holes in the front too. I think the 150's were about the last of their unported beasts. I see they are remaking the L100's again.
https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/loudspeakers/type/bookshelf-loudspeakers/L100+CLASSIC.html
I always hear a hollow sound from ported speakers, just me I guess or maybe because I grew up listening to the unported things.
You from the east coast?? Seems to me sealed speakers were popular on the east coast while ported speakers were more popular on the west coast. you hear the expressions " the east coast sound" and "the west coast sound" I am from the east coast and loved EPI's but then heard ported and just like the bass they put out......