Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Oh, yeh... About that... I got that piercing to rebel against South Carolina culture about 22 years ago. The piercing parlor put a CBB (circular barbell) in it and I thought I looked like a pig at a slaughterhouse. Nevertheless, I had a point to make, and left it in until I moved to Pittsburgh. After some traveling around, came back to SC and a great niece showed me her septum piercing. Not wanting the ring, I remembered a guy at a bar I frequented in Baltimore, a Pacific Islander, who had an actual bone through his nose. So I found this metal spike online- it’s called a “septum tusk,” and started sporting that around town. I get mixed reactions (“so cool that a man your age...” “you look like the devil...”). My pastor’s wife loves it! Personally, it looks a bit wicked to me, and I like that.

I find pleasure in tossing bricks through the windows of societal norms sometimes...
The T-shirt in the video is a graphic of the psilocybin molecule...

I should have used it to pop my tits in the video. It is pointy enough.

"I should have used it to pop my tits in the video"

That's getting a HUH????? MARK?????

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
This was my read for tonight. Feel like a better man. I know I'm going to have a great time watching all the videos Mark and I know they will help me when I finish (ha ha , if I ever get off my ass and DO) my PL 700. You guys are great with the comments. I copy and paste as I go into my PL folder. May keep me from asking so many questions in the future so, thanks.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Cardas jacks are $20, and Navo's cable is like 2 bucks a foot... $270?
i searched Cardas patch cables. No matter, though- bought some applicable ones, they'll be fine...
Cardas jacks? What I looked for was L/R stereo cable pairs, not jacks. Lop the plugs off, use the dual coax.

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
"I should have used it to pop my tits in the video"

That's getting a HUH????? MARK?????
Video: assembling the cylon meters, I built one first and then built the other for the video. Did a "Martha Stewart" takeoff- "Here's one I prepared earlier! in a leopard print dress with balloon tits and a mop on my head.

mlucitt

That’s nice. What the hell is it and where can I get it?
Got a vendor name? Stock number?
Mark, I like this. Wanna split a larger order of coax and/or interconnect wire with me? Maybe he will give us a quantity discount, or in your case, a handsome customer discount...

MarkWComer

Tagline
Mark, I like this. Wanna split a larger order of coax and/or interconnect wire with me? Maybe he will give us a quantity discount, or in your case, a handsome customer discount...
What I want is a side-by-side dual coax that I can split like lamp cord, short run from jacks to front panel pots, long run from pots to control board. I don’t like the unshelded twisted pair of wires running to the control board.

Yeah- I’ll go in for this if it’s what I’m looking for.

mlucitt

What I want is a side-by-side dual coax that I can split like lamp cord, short run from jacks to front panel pots, long run from pots to control board. I don’t like the unshelded twisted pair of wires running to the control board.

Yeah- I’ll go in for this if it’s what I’m looking for.
I think his coax is twin (red and black) shielded together in one cable. You can run one shielded cable from input jack to pot on left and another on right. Then a separate cable from each pot to the two Control Board inputs, left and right.
You can zip tie them together and it will look very sanitary.
You only have to ground one end of the shield in each cable to provide a reduction in hum.
Is this what you are thinking?

MarkWComer

Tagline
I think his coax is twin (red and black) shielded together in one cable. You can run one shielded cable from input jack to pot on left and another on right. Then a separate cable from each pot to the two Control Board inputs, left and right.
You can zip tie them together and it will look
No. That's absolutely not what I'm looking for. I'd be better off using single conductor with shield and zip together.

Attachments