Larry's Phase Linear 700B

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
speakerman1 said:
Don't know.If it gets that hot.'m not going to be around. LOL If I send you all my wire.What am I gonna use.LMAO.

Larry

That was beside the point. I just want all your Mil-spec teflon wire!! 3 feet of the 7 basic colors in 20 gauge will do it for the board to output stage and 1 foot of 16 gauge in white and red for the speaker out runs.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
20 AWG isn't easy to find.LOL Am I going to be a test subject with the Mills or a supposedly better resistor? I'm trying to check on some caps also. Wait till it gets back to you with the Black Gates broken in. I'm doing all of this with my Pre also. You might not have the power with mine.I think you will be shocked at the sound when you get it back.

Larry

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
laatsch55 said:
Yours tested over 500, 525 if i remember correctly, better than mine did.
A slight drop in line voltage will directly affect output power. at these power levels it would be expected to see the line drop a few volts under load. Compensatee with a variac.

As for teflon wire, I worked at a transformer shop many years ago. We stripped teflon with a red hot heating element. Standard strippers don't work because they can't grip tthe slippery teflon. Note that the conductors are silver planted.

Any wire used for the connections to the driver board should be stranded for flexibility.