Larry's Phase Linear 700B

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
God, I miss the rain, down here we get crazy for the first storm of the monsoon, grown men in suits juming up and down in puddles, women with their arms outstreached, tounges out to catch the big drops. We only get about 12inches a year :cry:

Couple years ago we had 7 in three days of biblical frog stranglers, my house then just had a swamp cooler, no a/c. The panels on the Logans absorbed so much moisture they sounded like a towel was over them for weeks......that sucked bad :evil:

The monsoon starts around June 25th :cheers:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Something wrong if a speaker system can be affected by humidity.

Larry, you can send your 700 anytime. there is a new White oak board waiting, 4-MJ 15024's waiting and a new string of MJ 21194's.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Larry, once I populate your board it's only going to take two days to do your conversion. AND i can swap all your blackgates over so...........................

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Hi Everyone

Have I given a review of this amp yet. I sort of live by a rule once you have a good thing don't mess with it. Lee you have done enough for me and I'm very happy with my amp. If theirs sound better than mine so be it with a new board. The more I listen the more I think it won't leave this house for awhile. The only thing I would change is maybe speakers; but I doubt it. Running at about 88 dbs. Jeff is jammin. It don't get better than this when you like rock and blues. I'm glad my house is pretty sound proof. This is some old blues. This amp kicks butt. You don't mess with a good thing. Thanks Lee It is staying here. I will put this amp right now up against alot of others.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
LOL This little Creek is jammin right now.I'm going to tape this DVD. Takes a little bit more for this amp to push the speakers; but it does sound good. I'm still astonished at the definition the PL has though. To get that through the Norman Labs it has to be a pretty good amp.

Thank You Buddy for a great amp.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Welcome, BUT!!!!, With the new board the definition gets way better!! And .... in the near future we ned to get those drivers and outputs swapped out, and the new board doesn't take that long to put in, BECAUSE.......... there's nothing else I can do to that bugger!!

speakerman1

Tagline
Tell me what size hook-up wires. I'll send them. Have to move the IEC. LOL When it gets back. I'll make a cover and rivet it into place. No biggy there.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Can you get me a WO resistor list. So when I send mine everything is ready to go. I'll run the Carys instead of the PL. So I won't be missing anamp.

Larry