It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
When I figured out he overwrote my Win 7 drive from Emily before condemning her and installing another 10 for another large Thermaltake case marked Asus I took Alison's drive out and let him find another power supply. I can't lose some data and programs like that if I haven't had the time to back it up...Emily was good while she lasted, but I suspect he's just calling stuff junk trying to be nice. I've known him for years and had to remind him that a lot of this 'junk' came from him...

Anyway, this one is named Mandi. Alison, Valerie and Sandi need help and then I might likely be done with this stuff for a while.

Turns out I just slightly unseated a couple of the DIMMs when I when to put the door back on too hard. Endora is still vexing Durwood.

orange

Tagline
Okay, these are the specs for Mandi, some stuff may not work...

MANDI specs.png

orange

Tagline
OKAY, found a Crackerjack surprise in the bottom of the case, will check it out in the morning.

orange

Tagline
I have another Dell XPS 420 ready to connect, OEM Windows 7 named Samantha (of course, Endora's daughter).

And like the song Mandy, SHE came and she gave without taking but I took half her RAM away (because I needed another PC2-1066 2GB to set the Dell up). Now I have some setup to do. But I really need to find one more matching DIMM, all I had left offhand was 3 PC 800s.

These beasts are HEAVY! The layout is almost exactly like a Dimension 3100/E310 (in other words, like Emily was) and a little more refined.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I have to swap monitors here, this one is all DVI and the second monitor is VGA. Back in a bit.

...back but I forgot a mounting post is missing and everything is green and purple again...DRAT. gotta fix that.

orange

Tagline
Seriously, anybody have one of those DIMMs? I only had three, need one more.

orange

Tagline
I've got 800s and a few 667s as well, I have 3 of those 1066 DIMMs and need a fourth to keep Mandi and Samantha up together, a friend is also looking locally.

I reinstalled FF and I think that fixed the browser freezing problem, we'll see.

orange

Tagline
Nope, could be a bad DIMM but it's mostly FF running six instances and getting up to 2 GB on one with only 4 GB RAM. I cut the E10 instances to 2 but that's a crock, still sucks RAM like a two bit floozy.

Back to Mandi the DIMM goes and W10. That one works.

orange

Tagline
Well, FF has just updated to 67.0.4 and it's getting to be less rare that they slap that many updates on the base version in such a short time. MEH.

mlucitt

Exactly why I switched over to Chrome. I think there was a big turnover in the software coding shop, and it shows. Multiple updates to fix mistakes in the new version is not how it is supposed to work.

orange

Tagline
Chrome is for bumpers. I'm not about to use Sedge or Internet Exploder anymore.

orange

Tagline
Dill pickle chips, and a 2GB PC2 1066 DIMM couldn't hurt.

orange

Tagline
Actually I just found out yesterday that an Asus P5GC-UX 1333 will run PC2 533/667/800 just fine but there are only 2 DIMM slots so with Windows 10 you need at least 3 GB in 32 bit but really need two 2 GB DIMMs in there. Boy, that's older than I figured.

All the PC2-1066 went to Samantha, the other XPS 420 and of course Endora's daughter which is running Win 7 vs. her mother's 10.

orange

Tagline
By the way, if you want to weight train, skip barbells and use Dells.

orange

Tagline
I'm gonna have to either find a new video card for Wylla or else it's that monitor. Still green and purple for VGA.