I'm Buying a "Mule" PL400

mlucitt

Chief Journeyman
Is this a pretty picture or what??? Outputs torqued to 12 inch-pounds with new screws, and no shorts to ground, all transistor pins measure zero ohms to sockets. First time using Sil-Pads, they are great! I remember someone saying to check the torque of the screws after the first heat cycle.

Output Transistors Installed.jpg

mlucitt

Chief Journeyman
Lee, I believe you have done at least one of the WOA Backplane mods. I was stubborn and wanted to do the new emitter resistors the old-fashioned way, and now I am paying for it. Never had these problems before... I have joined the WOA Backplane team, for the next amp rebuild.

Can you send me two of your old output transistor mounting fixtures? I have one that is missing a head and a leg! How does this stuff happen?

Missing A Head And A Leg.jpg

Thanks!

mlucitt

Chief Journeyman
I installed a 3-wire power jack a few days ago. It just barely fits, but that is OK because only a small bit of aluminum needs to be cut around the old 2-wire cord strain relief bushing hole. I do it with a Dremel in about five minutes. The solder lugs on the back also make it easy to install a couple of EMI Type X2 .022uf 250 VAC capacitors between the AC lines.

Attachments