Derek92994's 700 Ser II White Oak conversion

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ok....having 100 volts plus to both outputs could mean a low voltage section problem common to both channels. The low voltage section is in the middle of the control board. With the board remounted, we need to check all 3 legs of each TO-220 , the top and bottom one. You should have rail voltage on one leg, about .8 on the other and 19 volts on the other. Do you have mini grabbers for leads??

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Ok....having 100 volts plus to both outputs could mean a low voltage section problem common to both channels. The low voltage section is in the middle of the control board. With the board remounted, we need to check all 3 legs of each TO-220 , the top and bottom one. You should have rail voltage on one leg, about .8 on the other and 19 volts on the other. Do you have mini grabbers for leads??
Had to find the other camera, battery went flat.

How about these?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Darc, the center of the board section is wher we get +,- 20 volts for the low voltage section of the board from the 100 volts rail voltage. +,- 20 comes off the TO-220's through the TL-431(To-92) voltage regulators, then to each side of the board.

derek92994

Tagline
I shall remount the control board and will use an infrared thermometer to check heat. How long to run it for before checking temperature?

derek92994

Tagline
Use your finger on the heatsink..a minute will tell ya..
There's a pair of both of these, both did not get hot.

Last power up the meters just pegged like crazy and I got smoke, but I don't know where it came from. I'm guessing the backplanes.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Darc, I gotta get to bed bud. We;ll pick up tomorrow. I think we'll be better off if I get an assembled G board and send it to you. It's guaranteed bud, it'll be on me.

derek92994

Tagline
Darc, I gotta get to bed bud. We;ll pick up tomorrow. I think we'll be better off if I get an assembled G board and send it to you. It's guaranteed bud, it'll be on me.
I am willing to pay for Cost and Postage of the board bud.

Thank you for your time Lee. I will take some pictures of the boards and post. Can't find any burn but there was definitely smoke.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I did a shitty job of cleaning the topside of the backplanes...

One last thing tonight Darc. Check B+. B- voltages on the test points on the backplanes, minus on ground, plus on the B+, B- test points..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I am willing to pay for Cost and Postage of the board bud.

Thank you for your time Lee. I will take some pictures of the boards and post. Can't find any burn but there was definitely smoke.
I know you are willing, but your doing the work, I'll get it to you..