DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
yup good packing it seems.

As to the gen, I'm now leaning toward 5 generations. Remember I was at 4 in the last list.

Here we go again
Aluminum that breaks
Stepped carbon fiber
Tapered carbon fiber
Tapered carbon fiber with damping trough (in front of or behind the pivot)
Tapered carbon fiber with damping trough (behind or in front of the pivot)
Mentioned twice because this arm has a rear mounted trough and my arm, also a tapered CF arm has a front mounted trough. I do not know the actual info on which is which but willing to learn and change my data on this aspect of the arm versions. Not really 5 different versions but I'm being complete in my documentation and any changes are getting a different version number so we can be the authority on the ∞BW arm here instead of some other forum.
Excellent detective work my good man. If you are correct, this is the first I have heard of 5 gens. There isn’t much detailed information about the history of these arms out there. We will keep digging.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm 8991XJ

Yes that is the serial number. I have not pull mine from the board to see what it is. Might be a while as I have an sfrost alignment, refresh on my TD-126II/∞BW/ADC XLM II and I want to see what that is. I will be changing the cartridge.
Speaking of detective work.
So your avatar is of the great Emmo in his JPS 72 Lotus (JPS is my all time favorite Livery)
Your name is a little tougher 89 to 91 Jaguar XJ ???

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Actually the XJ is also a Jeep Cherokee.

Got a front wing from one of those Lotuses. Picked it up at Watkins Glen in 73. Easy to get parts as it was the last race of the Season. Unfortunately, I only saw Jackie Stewart practice because he withdrew following the death of his teammate, Francois Cevert.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Actually the XJ is also a Jeep Cherokee.

Got a front wing from one of those Lotuses. Picked it up at Watkins Glen in 73. Easy to get parts as it was the last race of the Season. Unfortunately, I only saw Jackie Stewart practice because he withdrew following the death of his teammate, Francois Cevert.
Wow, that is definitely something special, do you display it?
Nice that there is at least one other F1 fan on the board. I got bit by the F1 bug as a kid when we lived in SA. My Boy Scout troop got ride our bicycles around the Kylami circuit to raise money for a charity. We then got to come back the next weekend for the race. Can’t remember but I think that was around 75 or 76.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
My china cabinet in the dining room has it on the top shelf in the back behind mostly 1/18 model of performance cars. Started when they were 10 bucks with the € sports models of cars we can't afford. Most colorful china cabinet I have seen. There is a small JPS Lotus cabinet. My 1/18 of that one is on top of the barrister bookcase (full of cars) in a display case. It is an Exoto my brother got me for giving his family of 4 frequent flyer miles to Italy years ago.

My 1976 US Bicentennial accomplishment was going to both USGPs that year. The first USGPW in Long Beach, CA in March and then the one at Watkins Glen in October. Just worked out because I had hitchhiked to see my dad in southern AZ in March, grabbing a Greyhound ride to LA and was able to drive to the other one.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
My china cabinet in the dining room has it on the top shelf in the back behind mostly 1/18 model of performance cars. Started when they were 10 bucks with the € sports models of cars we can't afford. Most colorful china cabinet I have seen. There is a small JPS Lotus cabinet. My 1/18 of that one is on top of the barrister bookcase (full of cars) in a display case. It is an Exoto my brother got me for giving his family of 4 frequent flyer miles to Italy years ago.

My 1976 US Bicentennial accomplishment was going to both USGPs that year. The first USGPW in Long Beach, CA in March and then the one at Watkins Glen in October. Just worked out because I had hitchhiked to see my dad in southern AZ in March, grabbing a Greyhound ride to LA and was able to drive to the other one.
Tamiya F103, restored and fully functional 1/10 RC cars that I built years back. 3AF4CC3D-E6A7-49D8-8CAA-305670FBB409.jpeg C67EA1E7-EDA7-4FF0-972F-8F0587E5C006.jpeg

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Tamiya F103, restored and fully functional 1/10 RC cars that I built years back.
I have nothing that big or powered.

But I did work for Elf, their chemical arm in the US HQ for a few years. Read about a book about ELF racing being put together by one of their employees in France and wrote him a email asking if a copy of the book could be made available. Months later received a nice coffee table book in a slip case. Only one in the office that received a copy according to the mail room guys. Nice 9 pounds of cloth cardboard and heavy paper. Not quite Red Bull type of support for everything adrenaline but lots of motorsports from 1967. It is in French so I have to work to translate it properly. ELF: 30 ans de sports mécaniques Empreintes will find it on the web.

Heck my briefcase that I use for tools has an Elf Team Tyrell sticker on it.

Nice Ayrton Senna Lotus.

Attachments

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I have nothing that big or powered.

But I did work for Elf, their chemical arm in the US HQ for a few years. Read about a book about ELF racing being put together by one of their employees in France and wrote him a email asking if a copy of the book could be made available. Months later received a nice coffee table book in a slip case. Only one in the office that received a copy according to the mail room guys. Nice 9 pounds of cloth cardboard and heavy paper. Not quite Red Bull type of support for everything adrenaline but lots of motorsports from 1967. It is in French so I have to work to translate it properly. ELF: 30 ans de sports mécaniques Empreintes will find it on the web.

Heck my briefcase that I use for tools has an Elf Team Tyrell sticker on it.

Nice Ayrton Senna Lotus.
Senna is my all time favorite. Elf had some out of the box ideas that they made work pretty well.
That book is a real treasure, especially with the personal connection, nice.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
On the edge of the chair waiting to see how well these boxes were treated

Good quick trip so maybe everything went well.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Nice that there is at least one other F1 fan on the board. I got bit by the F1 bug as a kid when we lived in SA. My Boy Scout troop got ride our bicycles around the Kylami circuit to raise money for a charity. We then got to come back the next weekend for the race. Can’t remember but I think that was around 75 or 76.
Sweet - just read a Wikipedia blurb that Jo-berg has expanded to intrude on the Kylami circuit. That had to be great spending a few years in SA - beautiful and very interesting place.