Cory's Phase Linear 2000 Ser I Unit #2

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I had gotten them to do that, but the rear profile on the originals were round and had a shoulder to seat in the back wall. the new ones have a square profile and would have had a different standoff from the wall.
Sounds like your basic round hole square peg problem.

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I know how to use a volt meter, I just don't know all of the functions. I am a machinist and grew up on a farm so I know how to do a lot of things. I am not an electrical engineer.

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Still haven't got around to taking off the top plate to check on those op amps. Maybe tonight. I didn't mean to sound rude on the last post. I'm just not very good with electrical diagrams, ohms, volts, watts, etc... I guess that is why I don't work on my amps and what not.

Lee when you ship the 700 back I would like to send that 300 back. I think the right channel went out. Been awhile since I last messed with it. I can pay for shipping and parts. I would like to get it going again and ebay it to help pay for the repair work you are doing now.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Plenty of room in the cabbage case for the 300. Lety's see what's wrong with it first. If something has gone wrong that I've worked on I see that as warranty work. And no , you did not sound rude. I spent 9 summers in a row on a row crop farm near Wheatland, Wy. To be a decent farmer, ya had to be able to do a little bit of everything.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The old caps had drifted pretty bad in this one.....

The 10uf @ 50 volt were 17uf, 15uf.
The 2.2uf @ 50volt were, 3.3uf,3.1uf, 2.73uf, 3.16
The 100uf @ 35 volt were, 120uf, 119 uf.
The 22uf @ 10 volt were 36uf, 6.35 uf (phono section)
The 1uf @ 50 was 1.65uf
The 470uf @ 50 volt were 568uf, 490uf.

Op-amps are now socketed.

Attachments

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Looking nice Lee. I grew up and worked on a farm through out my life. My parents and my brother have a farm in ND, my bro is pretty much running the operation now. We raise corn and soybeans, some wheat. Money is in corn now. We use to never raise corn but the growing season has become longer over the years and newer corn seed science has changed that. It has to rain though, we are all dry land.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
She needs a bandolero and a khaki ballcap and she's PERFECT.

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Looking great. Are you going to try it out on the 700 for awhile?

The corn we raise is all for ethanol. GMO shit. I personally do not run any ethanol blend of fuels in my vehicles. It dries out all the rubber gaskets and can do a lot of damage.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It's on the 700 as we speak Cory. After we are familiar with the sound I'll roll some different op-amps on and see if we can get this mother to oscillate!!

Nav, yeah isn't that amzing. That thing is packed with features. Still learning about it, probably always will.

BigSkyCory

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Lee,
Explain to me what you are doing with the op amps and what you mean my oscilate. I'm pretty new to these terms.

off to work, talk to ya later.

Cory.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Swapping them out with different ones and see how it sounds and acts. Oscillations are very bad things and represent instability in the circuit. that's what was happening with the last 2000 you sent. Oscillations can be seen with a scope, make things run hot and can lead to destruction of whatever they occur in.