Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I guess it depends on how much you think that "meaty midrange" is worth!! LOL!!!

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
You'll be the only kid on your block that has one.

When I was looking for an FM tuner, I kept running into the Suomo Charley. High praises online for that.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Thats kinda funny. I was the only kid on the block with four Norman model 10 speakers too. Just fell in love with them. Looked everywhere till I found two more after buying the first two. New wore off and sold all four. I think the obsession is almost better than having the equipment. I am speaking of me and me alone because I am sure no one else here does that right :laughing6:. One thing for sure, I believe if I do buy that Sumo Diana I will never buy another main preamp.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I've looked at that sexy thang several times today. If it had a phono section, I'd ask you if I could buy it!
You could buy the tuner & have Charles & Diana!
How cool is Charley the tuner? Their amps look nice too but no meters. Good pedigree going back to the AMPZILLA.
Please buy it so I can remove it from my watch list! Something about gold & black.
I understand that Audiophiles only care about sound , not looks. But Damn it's a looker!

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I've looked at that sexy thang several times today. If it had a phono section, I'd ask you if I could buy it!
You could buy the tuner & have Charles & Diana!
How cool is Charley the tuner? Their amps look nice too but no meters. Good pedigree going back to the AMPZILLA.
Please buy it so I can remove it from my watch list! Something about gold & black.
I understand that Audiophiles only care about sound , not looks. But Damn it's a looker!
Hell, I aint no audiophile. If I were I would not have had to look above and see how you spelled it ! It would match so nice with my B@K EX 442. I have read about that tuna, the Charles. It seems to be on heck of a nice one. I want to keep everything but a tuner I just will never use. Had a Sansui TU-X1. Sold it a long while ago and of course even though I would not have used it I wish I had it back ! I really never spin records either, don't get me wrong I love the way they sound, nothing quite like them and I have a few but I recently went ahead and let my table go as well. Kinda miss it too. I am doing my best to get down to a core amount of equipment to use and I want to completely rehab my AR 3's to use with a PL amp. I think they would suit each other very nicely. I have a pretty nice Fisher 500C that I could use for a turntable setup if I wanted to go that way in the future. I really don't know what I want to do. No kidding, I am kind of confused with it all right now. I think the reason being is that I just sold my SDA-SRS 2's and my C2. There went my main system except I kept the B&K EX 442. LORDY !! When the dust settles a decision I must make...

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I need a bigger house because I want it ALL!

We are so damn rural that the radio & police scanner are the only way to know whats going on around here.Other than hanging out at the feedmill. He has a couch & chairs with a TV playing hunting videos all day. Nearest TV station is 150 miles away. The last time a tornado hit here, the weatherman up there said it was no big deal because hardly anybody lives in Oregon county! They always stand right in front of our county on the big weather map on TV.

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
2013-05-07_12-53-29_227.jpg 20180101_233000.jpg 20160722_090646.jpg 20170921_184417.jpg
No Pics and it didn't happen right.. Crazy, after searching thru my images here on the PC I realized that I have a lot of pictures of the insides of stuff but a very few of the front view. I really only have equipment that I have picked up locally (Atlanta to around Dothan) and got a really, really good deal on.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I need a bigger house because I want it ALL!

We are so damn rural that the radio & police scanner are the only way to know whats going on around here.Other than hanging out at the feedmill. He has a couch & chairs with a TV playing hunting videos all day. Nearest TV station is 150 miles away. The last time a tornado hit here, the weatherman up there said it was no big deal because hardly anybody lives in Oregon county! They always stand right in front of our county on the big weather map on TV.
Same here...I would have kept those big SRS Polks with the exception of the wife and I are working on downsizing...You know, I thought where Daddy was born was rural, Paden Mississippi. But the way you explain your place...wow man...No wonder you have to have a kickin Hi Fi system.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Well, we lost most everything in Hurricane Charley in 04 down in Florida. I decided to move some place with a low cost of living. I love it other than the medical situation. We have a nice clinic. But the doctor only comes here every other Thursday. Our ambulance goes to another town at night. So we have Air Evac helicopter service. But they come from 50 miles away where the nearest hospital is. So basically, if you have a heart attack....you die.
But you can still buy nice land for a thousand an acre or less for a big spread.
We have 20 acres.
South central Missouri. Right close to the Arkansas line.
I just paid our taxes for the year. We have both property tax & tangible tax where you list all vehicles, farm equiptment & all livestock.
Our years taxxx was $350.00 on 20 acres, house, 3 barns, 30 x 40 shop, 4 vehicles & all the farm stuff.
That would not cover one month back in FLA.
And I walk right into the courthouse & pay. NO line! We are the county seat. Courthouse on the square old timey like.

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Well, we lost most everything in Hurricane Charley in 04 down in Florida. I decided to move some place with a low cost of living. I love it other than the medical situation. We have a nice clinic. But the doctor only comes here every other Thursday. Our ambulance goes to another town at night. So we have Air Evac helicopter service. But they come from 50 miles away where the nearest hospital is. So basically, if you have a heart attack....you die.
But you can still buy nice land for a thousand an acre or less for a big spread.
We have 20 acres.
South central Missouri. Right close to the Arkansas line.
I just paid our taxes for the year. We have both property tax & tangible tax where you list all vehicles, farm equiptment & all livestock.
Our years taxxx was $350.00 on 20 acres, house, 3 barns, 30 x 40 shop, 4 vehicles & all the farm stuff.
That would not cover one month back in FLA.
And I walk right into the courthouse & pay. NO line! We are the county seat. Courthouse on the square old timey like.
I ain't gonna lie I like the idea of that kind of living. And you ain't never lied about those taxes. That is hard to believe. My Dad was paying around 600.00 a year at his house (before he made 65 years old and now no tax) and it's a small three bedroom 2 bath on three acres in Lee county Alabama. That is considered very very inexpensive for tax around here. Columbus Georgia is a whole lot higher than that.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Did I mention that we have NO codes or permits. I do/build whatever the frick I want, however I want & don't have to tell/ask anyone.

Tallapoosa / Buchannan GA. area was our first choice . Just too damn expensive. Dahlonega even worse.

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Did I mention that we have NO codes or permits. I do/build whatever the frick I want, however I want & don't have to tell/ask anyone.

Tallapoosa / Buchannan GA. area was our first choice . Just too damn expensive. Dahlonega even worse.
Shooooottt HH, don't tell too many, they may all come storming in ! Sounds like a great place for an arsenal.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Opinions please. Now i am thinking seriously about buying this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sumo-Diana-Preamp/253144462631?hash=item3af095f527:g:4gsAAOSwH09ZJJda Have I bumped my head on a rock? This ain't exactly keeping it simple. Oh, and happy new year. Oh yes, needed to edit. Forgot to say that the guy is willing to work with me a little on the price.
I'm just finishing up the Carver 4000t which is also getting the remote control treatment. It has all the phono section upgrades, rebuilt power supply, and many of the old Opamps have been upgraded too. It sounds fantastic. It ain't cheap, but I will give the same lifetime warranty that I give on my amps. No more disposable preamps is a good thing.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
That would be the cats meow if I were buying the pre for my PL 400 setup. This one is for my B&K set up..Wish I could but cant do it right now..