Any one recognize this WOPL 400

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
A little 'Highway to Hell' can do that.

I still use the Infinity Qb's I bought at Traverse city Mi. in 1975. Good stuff!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I just got a pair of " Infintissimals"....what a cooooooooool little speaker..got the Watkins woofer so they are quite the little amp eaters...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Thanks for the info FredR . I have a pair of Infinity Monitor llA from 1975 I will drive with it and the amp will see some close to 2 ohm loads so the amp will be put to good use. I see 10 amp and 8 amp fuses in it so I assume the hard driving of the amp required those. I am going to rebuild mine for the fun and the amp has been a large part of my adult life so it deserves an giant upgrade, only if our old bodies where so easy to upgrade
Fuses should be 8A main and 5A rails

The Rebel

Journeyman
Tagline
---
stetter
I'm not trying to interject anything into this conversation about this wonderful amp build, but if the factory style fuse holders are still utilized on it, the factory fuses are the shorter AGX fuses, not the longer AGC fuses.
As Gepetto stated the correct fuse ratings. 8A on the main, and 5A on the rails. I like this amp!! Can't wait to hear your assessment of it. Good fortune. And BTW, congrats on the 40 years!!

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
The larger fuses were necessary to drive my 9Kappas without nuisance nuked fuses.

Thanks for the info FredR . I have a pair of Infinity Monitor llA from 1975 I will drive with it and the amp will see some close to 2 ohm loads so the amp will be put to good use. I see 10 amp and 8 amp fuses in it so I assume the hard driving of the amp required those. I am going to rebuild mine for the fun and the amp has been a large part of my adult life so it deserves an giant upgrade, only if our old bodies where so easy to upgrade

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
I rebuild all my amps with AGC. Gepetto pointed out that AGX blow quicker. Has not been a problem for me and I've nuked a lot of (8 and 10 amp) fuses on the 9Kappas. No damaged amps yet but I'm still working on it.

stetter
I'm not trying to interject anything into this conversation about this wonderful amp build, but if the factory style fuse holders are still utilized on it, the factory fuses are the shorter AGX fuses, not the longer AGC fuses.
As Gepetto stated the correct fuse ratings. 8A on the main, and 5A on the rails. I like this amp!! Can't wait to hear your assessment of it. Good fortune. And BTW, congrats on the 40 years!!

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Thanks. Hard part was drilling holes in a nice clean face plate.

I guess I was dropped on my head a few too many times. Went and looked at my 3 400's & yep. I'm a dolt.
The pots just make the graphic look like it was made for them. Neat work Fred.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I just got a pair of " Infintissimals"....what a cooooooooool little speaker..got the Watkins woofer so they are quite the little amp eaters...
Unicorn alert! Those buggers are few & far between. I think all smaller Infinity's punch above their weight class. Really can't go wrong with the Brand.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, first time I heard em I spent 10 minutes looking for a hidden woofer...cool little guys, but like Fred's 9's, they dip into 2 ohms quite a bit...a WOPL 400 drives them nicely with cooling...

stetter

Journeyman
OK, been listening for a couple hours now.... OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!! Have not heard this much sound coming out of speakers in a long long time. 400 is just starting to warm up now, might be time to turn on the fan. Just for the record Joe Bonamassa's Blues or Desperation was the first disc spun. The better half calls him Doctor Joe. She won out on first disc spun. Got to please the ladies. Really tight bass, clean crystal clear highs. Snow still on roofs but I have not given up on knocking it off.

stetter

Journeyman
I
Yep, first time I heard em I spent 10 minutes looking for a hidden woofer...cool little guys, but like Fred's 9's, they dip into 2 ohms quite a bit...a WOPL 400 drives them nicely with cooling...
The good news with my speakers I don't have trouble looking for any hidden woofers

stetter

Journeyman
A few selection so far, some newer Richard Thompson, early Chris Issak, Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells, This one really sold me on the WOPL upgrade.

stetter

Journeyman
OK this is getting ridicules, Volume levels and sound just blown away good. You should all be very proud of what you have done as a community, Joe hopefully you hear this all the time but well done on design work, and FredR nice job, very very nice sounding amp and it loves this. WOW.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I guess I was dropped on my head a few too many times. Went and looked at my 3 400's & yep. I'm a dolt.
The pots just make the graphic look like it was made for them. Neat work Fred.
That's what I'm talking about ! Never noticed it on my 400 till.....^