AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Listening to the Rockbox. Trying to find music to match my mood. Guys coming to wire up the vacuum pump. First morning my back hasn't hurt. Have a box of tape and shells sitting by my door. Kinda cool out this AM. Went for a scooter ride and about froze my cajones off with the wind blowing up my shorts. Settled on the Doobies. Haven't listened to them in a long time. Didn't solder crap yesterday. I don't remember what I did. Don't know why I don't have any Dobbie Brothers. I may now that I think about it. Ordered a magnified light yesterday. I may be able to read things I have to. Oh it is fun to be old.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have the PL over half. These little Epos are taking it and not missing a beat. Man the acoustic guitar sounds great on these. I wish you guys were here. 97db in a room 12X16. We are jamming today. Anyone who didn't do the guitar tape needs to. Just to listen if nothing else. I can't wait for it to come to Poppa. LOL Graham I know you have good tunes.
This is a great CD. The 2nd is Live. They are jammin.

Well I didn't go to the Creek with Rush. I thought some Rick Wakeman was more my mood this AM. I have to turn the volume a little bit more; but this set up is nice. Think I'll hook the Labs back up.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
This morning Alice in Chains "Jar" on the rockbox. Yes I am in the garage. Just finished soldering Lee's tonearm leads. I have been putting it off. Not fun for an old blind man that shakes. LOL So just a little rock and roll this AM.

The stock I bought has dropped which I don't mind. They just filed with the SEC that they are going to do 10 to 1 stock split. So instead of 50 shares I will have 500.

Now I will shrink tube the old with the new and pull them through the arm.

Larry

PS No pics yet. lost the camera program for my ols camera and the new one I have to figure out the pixels. Or Stuwee will whine. LOL

speakerman1

Tagline
This Morning I felt like some Jeff Beck. This is a box set. Beckology. I bought this many years ago. Wish I could crank it; but the better half is asleep. Been meaning to pull the NAK out of this rack. Listening to the PL through the Labs. From what you guys describe I already hear it in the PL. Running some cheap Taras. I do think the Black Gates made a big difference in this amp. Lee when I send the PL can you change the Hook-up wire. Tell me the AWGs and I'll send it with it.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I'm listening to the side A of the tape. This deck doesn't have an actual time tape counter. So I am listening to it so I can erase the last song on this side. LOL. I hate to brag. Dang I do make some nice tapes. I think I'm like on 2 on the pre. And I can hear the click of the drummer hitting the side of the drum. It isn't really me making the tape. I think the source has a lot to do with it..

I was reading yesterday that the Black Gates take 200 hours to burn in. This amp just seems to get better and better. Maybe today I'll do some window rattling. LOL Some pretty good jams on this box set. The boy can play that is for sure I said this back in the 70s. Jeff Beck is better than Eric Clapton ever wanted to be. This intro scan is pretty nice to figure which was my last track recorded.

Yes I'm recording HOT Graham. Gosh I have to pack your wire and send it. It is not on my bench which is good. This is pretty cool deck. It has auto tune. Would have been better with a 3rd head. Haven't done this in a long time. Just kick back and record. Making tapes are a very personal thing.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
BECK BETTER THAN CLAPTON?????????????? DUDE!!!!! Jam to " The Core" off Slowhand at Mach 8 and tell me that again!@!

speakerman1

Tagline
You just wait. Beck is better than Clapton any day of the week. Just more people have heard of Clapton. Beck makes that guitar sing. Dude I listen to a lot of guitar music and I have very little of Clapton. To me he is over rated. I have no Hendricks can't stand it at all. Now that is just my opinion don't any one get upset. LOL

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I am a little upset, Larry. I'm opposite to you: I have more music from Clapton, but not many albums by Beck. So, based on that: Clapton is a much better all-round guitarist- electric, and, most certainly, acoustic.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Oh... and Neil Young is better than either Beck or Clapton! Geri and I listened to the whole "Live Rust" album, last night over a few glasses of wine. I won't pay $300 a ticket to see him live so I cranked it last night to get the feeling we were there.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Elite-ist said:
Oh... and Neil Young is better than either Beck or Clapton! Geri and I listened to the whole "Live Rust" album, last night over a few glasses of wine. I won't pay $300 a ticket to see him live so I cranked it last night to get the feeling we were there.

Nando.

WHO never heard of him. Where is he from. LOL

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And then my favorite................TERRIBLE TED!!!!! THE MOTOR CITY MADMANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

speakerman1

Tagline
I would put Pete Townsend ahead of that whats his name again. LOL This song While my guitar gently weeps always gives me chills. I would put an under rated Canuck like Randy Bachman against whats his name. LOL I could start a list better than him. LOL Well Clapton is about to play.

Larry