700b!!!

CASSETTE DECK

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Path under Coastlands overbridge
The PL folks didn't figure it out.....Check the WOPL arhives CJ. Joe wrote a very good description of the whole phenomenon...
I have read the description a few times, but I have not been able to find a clear schematic on line, in which most component numbers and values can be read, however almost all components and the circuit could be clearly identified in the schematics available on line.

Can anyone find a clear schematic?

Reading the description makes a lot more sense if component numbers and values can be read.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I can e-mail you a WO schematic, but I ask you don't publish it or send it on. It is copyrighted, but don't wanna make it easy on folks.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Wouldn't do you any good the WO's don't latch up. I'll post up a standard PL 14 a schematic. They were the worst offenders...

CASSETTE DECK

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Got this one cleaned up quite a bit...
Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately most of the component numbers and values can't be read because they are out of focus.

It's not all that important. I was just curious about the latch-up phenomenon, one that I had never heard of before I came to Phoenix.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
CJ, when I scanned it and put it to file I can pull it up and magnify it and it comes through beautifully. If you'll Pm your e-mail I'll send it on.

The latch up wasn't a secret but I don't think too many guys figured it out. It does mention it in the service manual, but their solution was wholesale replacement of the class A stage. Had a 400 do this to me and it drove me crazy till Joe and Don explained it to me....

And the frustrating part was it's inconsistency, like sometimes only the first time after changing out board caps...

CASSETTE DECK

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
CJ, when I scanned it and put it to file I can pull it up and magnify it and it comes through beautifully. If you'll Pm your e-mail I'll send it on.

The latch up wasn't a secret but I don't think too many guys figured it out. It does mention it in the service manual, but their solution was wholesale replacement of the class A stage. Had a 400 do this to me and it drove me crazy till Joe and Don explained it to me....

And the frustrating part was it's inconsistency, like sometimes only the first time after changing out board caps...
Sounds like an intermittent problem caused by a marginal design fault.

PM on it's way now.