700/B/Ser II Transformers

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I'm interested too in what Joe has to say. I got the PS figured out pretty much but would like to hear more about paralleling the backplanes. I have time to finger the build out BEFORE I do something too crazy and have to fetch the fire extinguisher.............. I'm up for a different project for sure, just want to make sure it's well thought out or if it's not advisable, I need to know that too.
I think Lee is referring to cascading, not paralleling 2 backplanes in order to drive more output devices

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
So Joe, is any of this crazy shit feasible? We want to blow stuff up, just not the expensive stuff.
yes you can get more out than the 700 has to offer. The 700 suffers from power supply sag under heavy load so stiffening up the power supply load regulation goes a long way toward getting higher power output. To get insane power output levels the configuration needs to switch to bridged output or cascode output configuration

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
yes you can get more out than the 700 has to offer. The 700 suffers from power supply sag under heavy load so stiffening up the power supply load regulation goes a long way toward getting higher power output. To get insane power output levels the configuration needs to switch to bridged output or cascode output configuration

I guess I'll steer towards the bridged with the double toroid Power Supply. First, I'll construct the Blast Curtain....

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Not sure I follow what you are saying Glenn. The output (emitter) at clip is at most 5 volts away from the rail voltage so if the rails are plus and minus 125 the resulting collector -emitter voltage is 245V which is dangerously close the the absolute max 250V Vce rating.
Thank you for setting me straight Joe. These rails are going to be close then at 118 volts