700/1 “Tim” WOPL driver board

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Huh. Probably shoulda cleaned as I went along. Hard to get atbsome stuff now... gotta get s small paint brush or something. The board almost looks worse now, just smeared dirt all around... anyone use air to blownthe alcohol off?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Huh. Probably shoulda cleaned as I went along. Hard to get atbsome stuff now... gotta get s small paint brush or something. The board almost looks worse now, just smeared dirt all around... anyone use air to blownthe alcohol off?
I use my heat gun on the no heat setting to evaporate excess alcohol off the cleaned board.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Huh. Just powered Tim up on a dbt then direct just to refresh my memory as to where I left off with this. I had changed the rectifier and had questionable DC offset, as Inhalf a volt. Now I’m testing it with a new meter and I’m getting 0.124v left and 0.008v right channel. Not as bad as I thought it was.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I don’t see a board to amp wiring pin out for a quasi 700/1 in the instructions, does anyone have one?

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
I seem to remember not being able to get reasonable offset. I think my meter was on its way out though as it crapped completely not long after. Rocking a 179 now and man is that sensitive compared to my old meter.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Try adjusting offset now...just for shits and giggles...
One channel 20mv the other around 100mv. Was able to get it down from almost 800mv with the level pot at min and max. My old meter was definitely fucky. Turn it on now and it reads 564mV with no leads attached. Still over spec on the offset but not as bad as I thought.

Last edited: