700/1 “Tim” WOPL driver board

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hi Andrew, please email me back your preferred email, that is the only one I have for you.

Thx
Joe

AngrySailor

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---not quite right
I’m not a big fan of supporting communist regimes, but it holds my shit and hard to justify a panavise for two or three boards. Just woke up for a pee, can’t even hold it all night any more ffs. Slapped some stain my friend had kicking around on the rough 2x6”, a little hand sanding and pounded some tunes, had some beers and rum. WOPL’n later today maybe, need my brain working for that shit.

Windows for sale. As is, where is, $50 for 4, take all or none, not negotiable. o_O:cool:

Damn,woke up “speaker lubricated”. Back to bed.

Attachments

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---not quite right
Could have filled it with some nice olive oil! Moved 4 light switches in the kitchen today. They were always in stupid spots but were gonna end up behind some furniture I got from my folks move. What a mess that made, effin drywall... new oil seal came in today for my 1946 generator too. Turned the commutator/slip rings and have a brush holder to repair also.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---not quite right
Ok so I was a bit distracted from this, then some friends came over when i was let out of coronAIDS jail and “cleaned” the kitchen table which was OK, just glad I had all the components back in their bags so nothing got too mixed up.

So I’m just looking at how to proceed here and having a coffee so my brain isn’t fully engaged just yet, also disclaimer, I don’t have the manuals in front of me rn so forgive me if this is a stupid question I should have looked up first... someone has been at this original board... are the bias transistors not mounted on the back wall in the 700/1? Same as the 400/1? In the P-straps? They connect to the WOPL board C-B-E L/R connections? If so, someone has mounted them to the original PL board. Also, I looked over your email Joe, I don’t see any mention of the level potentiometers making connection? I probably just need to re-read the manuals so again sorry if dumb questions!

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No backwall mounted bias transistors on the 0171 board. How they tracked heatsinks temp on the driver board is a long held mystery. So....you are short p-straps?

AngrySailor

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---not quite right
No backwall mounted bias transistors on the 0171 board. How they tracked heatsinks temp on the driver board is a long held mystery. So....you are short p-straps?
Yeah, if they are to be mounted to the back wall. I can rob them from Linda for now. Broken-out the manuals and been looking at the schematics and the wiring. Think I got everything traced out to make the board connections except for the level pots and meters. I gotta cut the ties in the original wiring and separate it all to really chase it out. Found a near short to ground on on of the thermal switches too. Close call there. Someone’s been at this amp before... anyone got the install instructions for the 700DCP? I got the 400 instructions somewhere, wasn’t too complicated, just want to make sure I don’t miss something stupid...