AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Still doing PT. Just turned on the Dynaco. No smoke. LOL Took some pics. May have to do some routering. I got some 1/4 inch bits. Think I need to bring a hafler in now. LOL My spell check is going crazy. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Welp sitting in the sound room listening to Jethro Tull "The Radio Archives" 4 LP set. Some pretty good tunes. Had a wire come off the RCA so I hemo it. LOL Wanted to listen. LOL Expecting more music. I have to stop. Was out spraying my patio. Jerry you need to come for a Friday weekend. I could use some help. LOL You will be paid well. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Stuwee I may just play the ELO. May be in the right mood or getting there. LOL Just put a Cheap Trick DVD on. They do a very good show.Cranking to me. This DVD is mixed very well. If you want vinyl you will find what you want. LOL You have no idea what I'm talking about. I may get one of the US dealers to add a link. discogs.com

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Porcupine Tree on Spotify. Good tunes at 3 am. Did I ever say how much I hate headphones? LMBO Sitting here with the garage door wide open. Police go by I just wave. Gotta love being up at 3 am. Well gotta go I can't stand headphones. LOL

Larry

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I'm with ya Larry, I have a very nice set of Stax, it just takes so much fun out of the tunes with cans on your head.

Jim

speakerman1

Tagline
watching Dave Mathews on AXS.TV. They have some pretty good concerts. How do people wear ear plugs and play music. i couldn't pound rivets without listening how hard I was hitting. Depending on how big of gun and how hard the rivet. Watching The Kings Of Leon at the moment. Well watching two guys jam on 2 notes just don't cut it. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Listen to those I have headphoes on blues. Robert Cray is good. Been listening to him many years. Dude can play. I'm going back to Memphis. I'm going to hit every blues bar there. Jim you could drive. I can show you guys some neat things. I use to know the bus system. No ticket that way. The fall here is great. Not expensive. Some concerts in DC all the time. We go to Dulles we get a suite for the night. Free happy hour and breakfast. I don't drink. I'll bet Jim is funny when he is drunk. I'm quiet till I get a real good buzz on. Love to shoot pool when I'm in the groove.

MORE TO COME. LOL

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Toss the headphones, cover the speakers with your drapes... Geri and I attended an outdoor concert last weekend. Once the new server is in place, I"ll upload pictures and amateur videos I took with my hand-held camera. More details, later.

Cick on the image to play video.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Couldn't handle the radio. To much I didn't like. How would you make or do a computer station. People could put music music on here and it could play? I meant music music. LOL We all have tunes. No song would play twice for a long time. LOL Got enough room for it?

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Couldn't handle the radio. To much I didn't like. How would you make or do a computer station. People could put music music on here and it could play? I meant music music. LOL We all have tunes. No song would play twice for a long time. LOL Got enough room for it?
Plenty of room, but gotta be careful there - The RIAA would be all over our asses if we started to allow peeps to post copyrighted songs and whatnot in public. "Legit" radio stations have to pay the assholes an arm and a leg for "rights" (aka extortion money).

speakerman1

Tagline
How do you cut off the replys? Hey how do we go to the new post? Hit last? Then scroll? Just put some Mars Volta on. To be honest can't handle Rave music like Sphongle. That is just me. I'm watching Stevie Nicks jam. The ole girl puts on a good show. I watch Tina Turner just for the show.Bon what ever his name is just came on. not a big fan. Just doesn't perk my ears. Just put some more Mars Volta on. Guess I should post this. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Plenty of room, but gotta be careful there - The RIAA would be all over our asses if we started to allow peeps to post copyrighted songs and whatnot in public. "Legit" radio stations have to pay the assholes an arm and a leg for "rights" (aka extortion money).
If it is a private forum and they can't be copied. Don't think it would be a problem. You bought the rights when you bought. It is the not paying for music that is what chaps their butt. I can make a radio station on Spotify. See if I can figure out. Your not making money. No sponsors. I'll check.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Oh well guess that was a no. LMBO If I figure out a way to do it will you let me? I have a way to do it. Free and everything. LOL Hey is there any body in there to hear me now? We are experimenting with some new tunes. Listening to the Wax Poets. Just went to Dispatch. LOL I forget what I'm typing about or that I even was typing in here. LOL Haven't a clue what I am listening to. LOL Gotta figure some things out see you in the funny papers. If you want streaming music let me know. All legal. LOL

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Sorry bout that Larry, but I just don't feel comfortable. Linking to copyrighted material, knowingly, is what is called "Contributory Infringement". It all depends on the copyright "holders" and what rights they have given you for their work, not Spotify. I've read several cases where the RIAA folks have come knockin'. Even IF (and that's a big one too) we may be able to win, the costs of hiring lawyers to fight it versus paying them a cool 2 to 3 grand "extortion money" to drop the claim is still something I'd rather not have to get taken outta my butt.