what are you listening to?

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
These days I am listening quite a bit to a (obscure?) 70s band from Canada named KLAATU... especially their first 3 albums from 1976, 1977 and 1978.
they resemble a bit the Beatles style (surely the most evident influence in the band) but there is also some kind of prog (especially in their second album) and also some sort of 80's rock (in their third album).
Their producer (Terry Brown) was the same guy who produced Rush.

Most likely, you friends at the other side of the ocean (especially Nando?) might know this band quite some more than here.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
I remember Klaatu quite well. At the time their first album came out there was a lot of controversy about who they were. People were convinced the Beatles had got together secretly and recorded this album. There was even a radio program playing bits and pieces of both to show the similarities. Others felt that these rumors were a big publicity stunt. If it was a stunt, it worked because they became well known at the time and went on to record 5 albums

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
I remember Klaatu quite well. At the time their first album came out there was a lot of controversy about who they were. People were convinced the Beatles had got together secretly and recorded this album. There was even a radio program playing bits and pieces of both to show the similarities. Others felt that these rumors were a big publicity stunt. If it was a stunt, it worked because they became well known at the time and went on to record 5 albums
yes, i've read about this crazy story of them being the Beatles in disguise.
It surely helped them to get some unexpected success at that time.
Anyways, i would rate them as a good band in itself with really good musicianship regardless of the Beatles influences (which are very welcome, though)

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Liostened to most of Randy's favorites after putting in the new woof. Heartd some " The Pretty Reckless" for the first time.....some of these younguns can ROCK!!

thanks for the introduction!!!
i like em!!!

listening to stephan sanchez....relaxing ...chill...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Been listening to Nando's most excellent RAW 101.3 mix he sent me last week. I like the sound (mostly the quiet) of the SA-90 TDK tape. Enjoying it immensely!

Many thanks again, Nando.

View attachment 75403
Hi Bob: Sorry, I missed your post. I have an Episode 2 I have been working on. My first recording is going to be on... 8-track. I haven't done a full mix tape to 8-track before.

Nando.