phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
got the dodge back yesterday....got home...got out closed the doors...was immediately locked out...would not open...even with the key....
we fiddled and fiddled and finally got it open....seems they left out a rod in the drivers door that actuated the electric locks using the key...
found the rod in the bottom of the door...still full of shattered glass...lol
windshield wipers would not turn off...had to pull the fuse...
steering wheel is way off...but the alignment is good....drive hands off...
seems one of the collars that adjusts the steering between the tie rods moved...against the threads...
should not be a big deal...chase the threads....realign...
fluids are good...
no power...
soft shifting...wont downshift...
two codes...referring to the fact the fuel guage isnt working...p0462 and p0463...
guess i need to get under and start looking for cable/wiring damage....need to clean and grease anyway...
would not restart...had to remove the pke system...and revert back to stock key....seems when i exited the capsized truck...i must have stepped on the start button...it was pretty much busted....
anyway...got the locks worked out...and now it cranks...ordered a new start switch for the pke...
probably go to the mechanic tomorrow...and start sorting this out one by one...
the body shop did a magnificant job...the truck looks brand new...
and more good news....
my debit card arrived today....whoopie!!!!
i can breathe again...lololol

Attachments

gene french

Tagline
ordered a dcp board and input jacks this morning...
i see that the new pl400 is in the responsible care of fed ex...
need to order new ps caps and another led board....
it has blown rail fuses...i am sure a few outputs are down and out...
i have a bunch...i will see where it goes...
if it is too bad...i will ask mr joe to send me some goodies...
lets see what gives...

gene french

Tagline
well...well...
all day at the mechanics...i previously fixed the locking problem and rejuvenated the original key ignition. .removed the pke system while waiting on new start button. .
removed wipers..cleaned the position plate regreased reassembled...now have working wipers...realigned steering wheel ..noticed i bent it in the tumble....took it to the machine shop...he straightened it right up...the fuel guage would not register .while driving around lining the steering...the guage started indicating...we believe when the pump fuel sensor was installed it was stuck in down position....a little viberation must have freed it up...another problem crossed off the list...the biggest issue was lack of power and bad shifting...my scanner pulled up 2 fuel related codes...another buddy brought his scanner...which indicated an aps relay fault...never heard of that one...no code...just aps relay fault....seems there is little info on that ... we feel sure it means adjustable pedal system. .and looking at the fuse/relay legend...low and behold its listed as relay 67...now were gettimg somewhere!!! seems this is related to throttle posotion sensor ...
small problemmmmm....relay 67 is missing...as in gone...we took the relay for the heated mirrors and put it there...truck perked right up...no more codes all 450+ hp is there...shifts fine...good as before...i guess someone at the paint shop...probably a visitor...as the boss man is a highly respected professional and would not stoop to that level...took the relay out of the sealed fuse/relay box ..i am home...jerry my son took the truck to check it out and get a sack of chicken food...
never a dull day in guanacaste costa rica!!!
lololol...
i can laugh now...but it wasnt very funny a few hours ago!!!

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Hello Gene,
So glad all is getting back to normal and running as it should. That was a heck of a mishap this summer, so glad
you were not hurt! Your truck does look like new, trucks we can fix, Gene French, not so much.
Besides you've got the 400's to listen to and enjoy, and new projects coming down the pike.
Take care!

gene french

Tagline
Hello Gene,
So glad all is getting back to normal and running as it should. That was a heck of a mishap this summer, so glad
you were not hurt! Your truck does look like new, trucks we can fix, Gene French, not so much.
Besides you've got the 400's to listen to and enjoy, and new projects coming down the pike.
Take care!
thank you...i do enjoy this forum....very unique as forums go!!!!
everyone should be proud to be a part of it ..a trie success story!!!