phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
got some wonderful news....lol
we do not have a post office in our little pueblo ..... guayabo...
the closest is 25 km away in bagaces....i have always maintained a po box there...
well, seems nov 30 is their last day....will be closing...probably due to economic issues....
the post office here is expensive for the locals and not even close to the counterpart in the u.s. in volume of mail ....nobody mails bills here...period...
when/if you get an invoice/receipt/bill....it is in your email...if you have one....if not...you never get your electric, water, phone bill, etc...
you just have go to places that collect for those entities...not a bad way to go...we give them the cash...they enter the data in computer....voila...
was told that we (customers of box correos, my freight forwarder...which is a part of the post office, called correos) would be notified of what to do...
were told we would have a choice of a postal location in canas (25km from bagaces going south) and liberia (also 25km from bagaces going north)
were also told that the deliveries from box correos would not change...would still be delivered to our door as before)
i just think that the frequency of the trips to guayabo will be greatly reduced....normally a delivery is made 5 days per week....from bagaces as of today....
so wednesday....i will make the trip to gabaces to see how much is there....i have a few things in the pipeline...
one being the pl400....
life is never dull....even though its a much slower pace that the u.s.
lolol
have a great day folks...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
the closest is 25 km away in bagaces....i have always maintained a po box there...
well, seems nov 30 is their last day....will be closing...probably due to economic issues....
the post office here is expensive for the locals and not even close to the counterpart in the u.s. in volume of mail ....nobody mails bills here...period...
when/if you get an invoice/receipt/bill....it is in your email...if you have one....if not...you never get your electric, water, phone bill, etc...
you just have go to places that collect for those entities...not a bad way to go...we give them the cash...they enter the data in computer....voila...
was told that we (customers of box correos, my freight forwarder...which is a part of the post office, called correos) would be notified of what to do...
were told we would have a choice of a postal location in canas (25km from bagaces going south) and liberia (also 25km from bagaces going north)
were also told that the deliveries from box correos would not change...would still be delivered to our door as before)
i just think that the frequency of the trips to guayabo will be greatly reduced....normally a delivery is made 5 days per week....from bagaces as of today....
so wednesday....i will make the trip to gabaces to see how much is there....i have a few things in the pipeline...
one being the pl400....
lolol
Have a bag of M&Ms Gene...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
one being the pl400....
lolol

So, I tried to decipher the book, what is the "Wonderful News" part???

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Lol, Sniff needs some Tico time.
Tico Time. When you visit Costa Rica, you might come across a term known as “tico time.” It is related to the “pura vida” way of life that dominates Costa Rican culture. It often means that Ticos are not always the most punctual in their personal lives.

gene french

Tagline
Gene, really starting to understand how Costa Rica gets under your skin and draws you into their way of life. Two minutes after you arrive, the stress starts to roll away.
tico time = plus or minus (mostly minus) 1 hour and a half...lol...

gene french

Tagline
Gene, really starting to understand how Costa Rica gets under your skin and draws you into their way of life. Two minutes after you arrive, the stress starts to roll away.
one just needs to remember...we are gusts here..not their responsibility to conform to our ways ..its up to us to conform to theirs....ones that cant....return to where they came from...within two years...according to the statistics....just crossed 5 million population here....

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
one just needs to remember...we are gusts here..not their responsibility to conform to our ways ..its up to us to conform to theirs....ones that cant....return to where they came from...within two years...according to the statistics....just crossed 5 million population here....
Too bad people who come to the USA don’t do the same. The only folks leaving here are the ones you probably would rather stay..

gene french

Tagline
Too bad people who come to the USA don’t do the same. The only folks leaving here are the ones you probably would rather stay..
too bad the americans permit it...here...not much effort is made to ensure your stability...to become a resident...you must pay into the public health system....and show a guaranteed for life income of 1000 dollars per month or more...took 7 years before i got my permanent residency...lots of hoops...and of course the renewal fees are not cheap...as it should be ..
i enjoy their way of life...is one reason i came here...get out of the rat races...the people here have accepted me...for which i am grateful...