phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Get ya one of those C band dishes and a GTmedia satellite receiver. Azteca is on 99W and there's a bunch of other Mexican TV on 113W. All in the clear and free. I like to watch the boxing on Azteca sometimes.....
i will investigate that...i like free....

gene french

Tagline

George S.

Might want to recheck bias and DC on the speaker jacks.
Think about the meter wires on your PL400. There's a ground and a signal wire. The Pioneer works the same way. If bias and DC are within specs, then start checking components in the ground and signal path for that meter. Good thing is you have one working correctly to compare the bad one with.
It's also been said that static will make a meter stick. Maybe rub it with a dryer sheet or something. Doesn't sound like static though.

George S.

this morning, i noticed the left watt/vu meter on the sx1080 pegs full max...hits the peg...
unit plays normally...no adjustment affects the meter...no noises...no static, crackling, popping...
ideas???
Also, try swapping your speaker cables at the receiver. Perhaps the issue is outside the receiver causing a difference in the meters, like a impedance mismatch between channels.

gene french

Tagline
Might want to recheck bias and DC on the speaker jacks.
Think about the meter wires on your PL400. There's a ground and a signal wire. The Pioneer works the same way. If bias and DC are within specs, then start checking components in the ground and signal path for that meter. Good thing is you have one working correctly to compare the bad one with.
It's also been said that static will make a meter stick. Maybe rub it with a dryer sheet or something. Doesn't sound like static though.
yes sir...will take the sx down andpur two 400s top shelf ...
the investigate meter problem!!!
i just started this morning!!!

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Hard for me to believe that this bird is still flying 2006, hell, I was still messing around with satellites back then. QUOTE="George S., post: 310573, member: 1592"]Kyle, what's a good site to learn more about free satellite TV, or how to get it free. I'm googling C band dishes and that receiver now. What's 99W?[/QUOTE]
Screenshot_20220622-151353_Chrome.jpg

gene french

Tagline
Hard for me to believe that this bird is still flying 2006, hell, I was still messing around with satellites back then. QUOTE="George S., post: 310573, member: 1592"]Kyle, what's a good site to learn more about free satellite TV, or how to get it free. I'm googling C band dishes and that receiver now. What's 99W?
View attachment 66873 [/QUOTE]
good ole days????
lololol

George S.

Going to keep a eye open for old sat dishes locally. Past spring I threw out a direct TV dish I had converted to wireless G wifi with a biquad antenna at the focal point. Worked really well for long distance wifi.
Going to do more reading. Collect parts. Something to pursue once I retire.
Really though, most anything available on satellite is also available on the internet, I'm thinking.

gene french

Tagline
Going to keep a eye open for old sat dishes locally. Past spring I threw out a direct TV dish I had converted to wireless G wifi with a biquad antenna at the focal point. Worked really well for long distance wifi.
Going to do more reading. Collect parts. Something to pursue once I retire.
Really though, most anything available on satellite is also available on the internet, I'm thinking.
i can see the smoke all the way over here!!!
lol