phase linear 400

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
why wouldnt someone combine 2 momo bridged amps for a stereo system....seems like a cheap way to double power???
This done to prevent cross talk. Best way to go. Joe’s G control board is a dual Mono confirmation and I can attest that you can hear the better separation of the channels . Currently playing as we speak a Dual500 with a WhiteOak G board through a carver 4000t preamp, also recapped. Awesome sounding setup

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
This done to prevent cross talk. Best way to go. Joe’s G control board is a dual Mono confirmation and I can attest that you can hear the better separation of the channels . Currently playing as we speak a Dual500 with a WhiteOak G board through a carver 4000t preamp, also recapped. Awesome sounding setup
want to share some pics...would love to see....and drool....lol
happy easter to all....

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
would the acurus act 3 be a good fit for me...just to drive my 400 and a future wopl 400 or 700....i have no interest in surround sound or home theatrics....i do play our tv thru the sound system...which is fine for what little tv we watch....
just want a nice clean preamp and these used are well within what i am willing to spend on my limited system...
thanks
Depends on what you want Gene. The Act3 is a digital machine...

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Depends on what you want Gene. The Act3 is a digital machine...
a nice non chinese preamp for my 200/400 and a wopl, if i can get the parts.. or for any future purchases of equipment.....i have no analog counterparts...no tapes, phonos, cds, etc....i only stream music from my collection on my computer and phone, youtube, and spotify....through chromecast....and of course bluetooth....but, i dont care too much for bluetooth....kinda noisy...
i dont detect any noise on the chromecast....or maybe you have a simpler suggestion....please....
and thanks....

George S.

Think I read somewhere that the unit is always "on" to keep the components at proper thermal level, and that muting circuit determines output. But I need to do more reading and research. So much to do and so little time. Thanks Joe. Would be very nice to have no turn on thump.