Derek92994's 700 Ser II White Oak conversion

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Glad you having fun with it D2!!!!
Its a dream come true, 9 to 10 hour listening session today/tonight/this morning. Every bit of free time I get is going to be listening to this work of art. After all, I have bucket loads of music to tickle her good =).

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
…. and keep in mind D2, ur JBL's are rated at 75W RMS. U'r entering very dangerous territory.

Always remember, JBL's sound best JUST BEFORE THEY BLOW UP!
So when u think it's starting to sound absolutely awesome beyond belief, remember THAT moment, because disaster is emminant within milliseconds…..

Then, the FUN will begin looking for replacement components. LoL…….. ;)<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2d7ce73b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

derek92994

Tagline
…. and keep in mind D2, ur JBL's are rated at 75W RMS. U'r entering very dangerous territory.

Always remember, JBL's sound best JUST BEFORE THEY BLOW UP!
So when u think it's starting to sound absolutely awesome beyond belief, remember THAT moment, because disaster is emminant within milliseconds…..

Then, the FUN will begin looking for replacement components. LoL…….. ;)<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2d7ce73b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
That reference was at 0db on the meter, I have only gone as high as -2.

derek92994

Tagline
But yes i agree that was dangerous territory anyway even at -2. Damn I wish I could sleep, this place just keeps me too excited, and that's a very good thing!

pennysdad

Tagline
That reference was at 0db on the meter, I have only gone as high as -2.
ur meters aren't quick enough to tell you wot's REALLY going on.
even at minus 2, ur committing suicide.
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2d7ce73b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

derek92994

Tagline
Ok better hit the hay now otherwise I'm going to be dribbling alphabet soup tomorrow during the family gathering, hang on a minute.....I do that anyways! :evil4:

derek92994

Tagline
ur meters aren't quick enough to tell you wot's REALLY going on.
even at minus 2, ur committing suicide.
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2d7ce73b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

derek92994

Tagline
Good.....I guess I don't qualify for being a "wuss" then haha. But yes I am taking your advice here George.

pennysdad

Tagline
Always remember your above post, coz I'm gonna times that by a 100 when u tell us, [if u do 'fess up, that is], that u'v blown ur speaks up…..
I'll start the ball rolling by sending u back that spare 5" mid.
U'r about to need it more than me. ;)

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Damn Bro, only 75w JBL's w/ a 1000w+ amp and I am worrying about blowing up 300w CV's with a 500w+ amp LMAO!!!!

Your FUCKED!!! The WOPL will lull you into a false sense of security and then next thing you know with an inebriated listening session and a wee more on that volume because it sounds SO damn good and dustcaps will be flying across the room and your voicecoils are going to look like liquid mercury

Last edited:

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
hm, interesting. The 0db point on the series 2 is 350. Its marked as such too, but if you do the math for whatever the voltage is across an 8 ohm load its 350w. I wonder if anyone ever complained that their series 2 was less powerful because the meters scale differently.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
hm, interesting. The 0db point on the series 2 is 350. Its marked as such too, but if you do the math for whatever the voltage is across an 8 ohm load its 350w. I wonder if anyone ever complained that their series 2 was less powerful because the meters scale differently.
You are not asking for consistency out of Phase Linear are you?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ed has a theory about the metering on the 700B's. He thinks they displayed them low to 1) keep folks from blowing up their speaks, 2) To try and get the meters to last...