What is in your boxes?

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Wow! Thanks for yet another great link! I'm wishing that I would have saved a few more brain cells during my youth.( Never expected to live this long) Heading towards information overload. I forget an awful lot & I'm wondering if that makes room for more data?
I also see I will need to brush up on my cyphers.:tard:

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Yes it is.
I have a shortcut to that page on my desktop.

Lee,
I agree with you on the Klipschorn bottom base horn. Like you said if set up correctly.
They do need corners. and I'm not aware of a horn type speaker that was built during that time period ( Altecs, Jbl's, Tannoy's, Bozaks, EV's, Stephens,Frazier, etc ) that could compete with the low end base of the K's. And time tested and still available new.

That is why I was asking about the B&C Woofers. I would like to build a big base bin myself. Many good low end drivers out there.
I have heard just about everything from the "Golden Days". Not much new stuff.

I probably mentioned this once or twice before ( what happens when you reach my age, I turn 70 next year ! Hell yes made it this far).
I ran the first Infinity speaker they made, The Servostatik 1a's and they used a special built 18'' Cerwin Vega for the low end. The system
was Tri-amped with Phase Linear, B&W and SAE amps. Lost it all in the war !

There maybe an easy way to dial in a Base bin into Craig's statics. You guys mention a friend yours, I think his name is John?
I noticed a pic somwhere in a thread on here that he was using a Dahlquist DQ-Lp1 crossover. Not sure how he was using it
but they are perfect for this type of integration.
The Marchand's look like they may be the way to go also.

Time for my meds and Baseball,
Cheer,
jm

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks for sticking around today Mike!! Yeah, we have a couple, 3 guys with LP-1's here....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Mike, what I really want to hear is a Klipsh "Jubilee" , it's bass bin has 2-12" woofs. I've heard incredible things about them. There is some plans floating around somewhere...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP

And I've heard quite a few speaks, NOT ALL the classics, but have talked to some folks who have and they were partial to the K-bass when DONE RIGHT. It's no secret I really love mine. I really like Stu's Summits too.....and one of these days we are going to have a pair of K-bass bins in his corners and unplug the Summit subs and play with the time delay on the bass bins, dial er in and see what happens...
:notworthy:, BrahaHahaHA!! I need a bigger house buddy :toothy3:

I keep playing the lottery, hoping...regardless, we'll make it happen :blob2:!! Mind blowing soundstage, eerie, amazing, pin point accurate. Cream your panties mid range and highs...vibrate your eyeballs, testicles and lower GI track bass :blob3:. Handing out Depends diapers and Kleenex to all who enter :reindeer:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Would love to hear Craig and Lee's systems! Someone offered me a pair of 1000w Yamaha YST-SW1500 subs but I did not have the cash to do anything. My system is more then loud enough with plenty of lowend as is I guess

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
LOL... YEA... I THOUGHT I HAD GOOD BASS TOO... Till I sat my ass down in front of Lee's Speakers.... Prob the best bass I have EVER heard... and I even got the same speakers he does !!! Mine don't compare !!!!!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
We Americans differ as much on speakers as the Italians on cars...
Senor Pininfarina's Maserati Masterpiece :love4:
I was photographing the Arizona Copper State 1000 road rally race on the east side, parked on top a nice incline hill...gotta hear those cars in second gear :blob2:, ton's of mega buck vintage rides (Lee and Jani saw most of the pics in my old apt). I hear a straight six motor like I've never heard before, over the crest comes this beauty!! I tossed my camera to my buddy and fell to my knees and bowed I'm not worthy :notworthy: :notworthy:, those big pipes were on my side of the road, Sheeesus! I still remember that sound...WoW!! And the sight of something so lovely making such a beautiful sound, have mercy on my poor soul!!

Last edited: