What cassette deck ?

immediately after that you said I had my nose pointed in the air, so you took my toy deck comment differently and I simply pointed out that it was a mis-type by me.

One thing I've learned on forums is when people start picking on other people they're having a bad day, or irritable, or don't like somebody because they're getting attention and they're not. That being said, welcome to my ignore list, the last thing I'm doing is having words with somebody that I don't even know lol later

Some people feel so threatened by others don't they? It totally goes over my head, because I'm not like that, and I guess if people are that insecure they will attack you. No attacks here I don't know these people and I'll talk to anyone, but I don't play baby games.
My apologies to everyone, and I'll even apologize for them.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Of course Vince cheered you on, because he was a jerk the other day to me and I blocked him also lol. He actually went on a link that I posted to attack on YouTube and made crappy comments to him.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
SORRY????

need to get more serious now...

first off... i think it was me to say "toy deck" above, not anyone else, then i believe i had to explain what i meant with "toy deck"... don't I ?

second, and most important...

I had just realized you felt personally offended because i, rightly, criticized that "technician" there at youtube (but there are so many who proudly share their videos where they work unproperly, spreading misinformation and sometimes also dangerous examples to follow... certainly, he is not the only one).

So what?

I am talking about technical stuff, and this should NEVER be taken as something personal, if you wish to be serious about technical matters.
Otherwise, things would be childish and I am not certainly that kind of guy who likes to react like a child. ;)
When someone, who's suppoused to be more expert than me, happens to criticize me about something, I always THANK him, because it's a good opportunity to realize I might be wrong and to learn doing something better.

That said, i didn't only criticize the way that guy works on decks, and especially the way he DESTROYS the heads while trying to relap them, here at Phoenix...
But I also went directly there at youtube and commented there, directly in the face of that guy...
Just go at this video and read the most recent comments... both my own comments and his replies.

As you can see, even if i was criticizing him heavily, the guy understood mine were severe but constructive comments and mentioned to me his email address, asking me if I can explain him how to relap heads the proper way.

So, you blocked me and are simply throwing away the opportunity to get some help.... not my problem, really.
Then, thank you for telling me that you blocked me so that, next time, I will simply avoid wasting any time in trying to help you.
That guy you felt offended for, on the contrary, gave me his mail address asking me to write him.

Can you spot the difference?

Have fun!

PS: and i think I've replied you in a way too gentle way. But, hey, that "a jerk" you told referring to me is a compliment when it's told by someone who behaves like you are showing us all, after just few days in a new place where you have no idea whom you are talking to, writing over 100 posts in only 5 days, judging, blocking and trying to offend longtime and well respected members just because you felt annoyed for God only knows what.
Have luck in making any friends around! ;)

Last edited:
I didn't think ESL sold parts?

Nakamichi Serviced Here" since 1975!
ELECTRONICS SERVICE LABS

Maybe better known as nakamichi.us for parts? I'm not sure, I just bought a idler belt from them for a Nakamichi. I think he has everything for Nakamichi, he even have these little clips that I needed. Once I took the clip off to get out the idler belt it was loose going back on. Granted nothing is cheap but he has it.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
That's what I have been running. :)
hey, i will soon give you a better reason to run...
I am about to post something interesting, just posted before, there at the "what's for dinner?" thread but, this time, it will be a step by step recipe with pictures and comments... so, stay tuned.

and, btw, it should be a recipe you should just know... it's a typical stuff from my beloved Calabria region. ;)

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
hey, i will soon give you a better reason to run...
I am about to post something interesting, just posted before, there at the "what's for dinner?" thread but, this time, it will be a step by step recipe with pictures and comments... so, stay tuned.

and, btw, it should be a recipe you should just know... it's a typical stuff from my beloved Calabria region. ;)

I'm the Milk and Boones Farm guy, I even have a can of Spam in the cabinet. Last thing I cooked it had a "Microwave for xx Minutes" on the box..... I have a Pallet, but it ain't refined. Although I do have a hankering for "Shit on a Shingle" but it must be Army Shit, on an Army Shingle.... :)

One of these days I'll get a Palette.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Nakamichi Serviced Here" since 1975!
ELECTRONICS SERVICE LABS

Maybe better known as nakamichi.us for parts? I'm not sure, I just bought a idler belt from them for a Nakamichi. I think he has everything for Nakamichi, he even have these little clips that I needed. Once I took the clip off to get out the idler belt it was loose going back on. Granted nothing is cheap but he has it.
They had an NOS pinch roller assembly for my Kenwood KX-1030 in stock, but they didn’t want to sell me any parts… they put it in while working on the electronics (I did the transport but couldn’t get a roller, which is an assembly on a bent steel bracket)

They have an actual warehouse full of parts. Like bigger than what you see behind the counter of your local NAPA.

Alex SE

Journeyman
Tagline
Amateur
Vince, you sent me that video and I saw what he is doing with that head but I didn't observed details. OMG that head is really flat and, tell me if I'm wrong, it is amorphous head. Why, oh why?! I'm gonna a finish my dinner, tell goodbye to Mr.Gordon and jump thru the window right after.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
My BX-300 was completely serviced by ESL. It operates and performs better than any Nak I've ever tried or owned. It is my favorite Nak.
Willy Herman and ESL do Naks proper!

All else being equal, the only real beef I have with Naks is their metering. The CR and ZX series are decent but the rest are meh...
As far as the BX-300 goes... it does all the essential things a cassette should do and does it solidly.
No other deck I've owned takes a tape recorded on a Sony and tracks it with ease.

But for both recording & play back on Metal tape ... it has to be Sony ES for me.

20230107_120419 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

MusicSteve

Journeyman
Tagline
Always Thinking Outside The Box.
I currently been working on one of my Pioneer Ct-F900 and I also have some Ct-F950's and
a long time ago I had it repaired and the repair shop put in the wrong Motor and I had no glue he did it and it worked but not very good. than CD's came out so I put it away.

last year when Cassettes became popular again. I decided to work on it again. that's when I figured out he installed the wrong motor and he also drilled the pulley shaft hole bigger. I always ask for my used parts back and I luckily found it and I have the motor (that I rebuilt) and a pulley that will not work. but since I bought a spare motor and another transport w 2-motors I have some spare parts and a test fixture.

I was never brave enough to work on it decades ago w no information back than But w YouTube and forums w a lot of information so why not get back into it but its a slow long process ,,,,,, And I'm trying to get the Wow and Flutter down to spec.

Attachments