What cartridge are you using?

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Where the rubber meets the road. What carts are in use on your turntable? Presently using an Audio Technica AT120E. Cheap, tracks well, sounds good.
at-120e.jpg

Hoping to check out an Ortofon M2 Blue down the road.
2mblue-600.jpg

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Currently running the 2M Red.

I have several others though,

Ortofon OM20
Pickering NP/AC
Astatic MF200

and a couple Shure's.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
No, he hasnt been returning my mail. Ill send him another one.

Also next time I'm down at Bluestreak here in town, ill see if he can swing a price break on em, as my brother wants one too.

Nick Danger

No, he hasnt been returning my mail. Ill send him another one.

Also next time I'm down at Bluestreak here in town, ill see if he can swing a price break on em, as my brother wants one too.
I will check at my LRS tomorrow and see if a special order may be placed through them as well. If they can order them, I am pretty sure they will hook us up if we buy three.

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Couple different carts here for each table.

On the Dual 1009SK, I've got a Shure V15VxMR with JICO SAS stylus and on the Technics SL-1600, there's a Stanton 680ee and D6800 SL stylus. The Technics with the Stanton are great for records in less than great shape, although the Dual and the Shure do more to make really great vinyl shine.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Laz likes the Sony direct-drive linear trackers which carry P-mounts. I've been using a Technics P34 cart, but lately I acquired a Radio Shack/Shure RXT5 body, in which I am going to try the N92 stylus (two actually) I picked up in Hobbs. Besides that, I bought a second Sony machine, and it carries a Shure M110HE with a Jico stylus. It will be tried out in due time, probably after I get the new speakers sorted out...

As ever, don't forget the importance of the phono preamp.

Wayne G.

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Audio buff since the 70s
I like Linear trackers. I am using 3 currently, B&O MMC6000, MMC4000 and a MMC20EN. For my traditional turntable I have two
a Shure 3XR25XT and a basic Audio Tecnnica. Both of the B&O carts are used with either a B&O 4002 or 4004.

Last edited:
Tagline
---
i've three... all garbage, so far as popular opinion seems to indicate;

* Audio Technica PRO11E
* ADC VLMmk.II
* Pickering XV-15

- the ADC was my original, the last Remanent of my original system inherited from my dad around 1999/2000,
the PICKERING came installed on my Pio PL-112D when bought,
and the AUDIO TECHNICA came with a spare Pio headshell i got off the BAY.

i'm happiest with the AT, so it stands as my main, mounted to my best headshell with $30.00 OFC aftermarket lead wires.
one of these silly days i need to drop another $30 on one of those sets of aftermarket mounting screws with the knurled knobs.
those come in packs of four full sets, enough for me to address all my cart/headshell combos and then some...

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Hey Tasuke, do you happen to know what table those Pio headshells come from. I have one of those too on my PL 71, but I think its not the correct shell for the table.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Hey Tasuke, do you happen to know what table those Pio headshells come from. I have one of those too on my PL 71, but I think its not the correct shell for the table.
Ben: Do you have an image of the correct headshell for your PL-71's tonearm?

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
I believe it is the right most HS in this pic,

or possibly, this one, in a silver color.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks, Ben. I will see if Innovative Audio has one kicking around. Geri will be possibly going there on Saturday, July 5th to pick up my Sony TC-K950ES cassette deck. I gave one of the early Pioneer headshells with the button insignia a few years back to a member who needed one for his Pioneer turntable.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Thanks for the offer Nando. While I dont necessarily "need' one, the match for the PL71 table would be a beautiful thing.

Are you looking forward to getting the ES deck back Nando?

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
What did you have done to the ES deck? Hope it comes back with great performance.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Ben: If I can find the proper head shell, I will send it your way. I love that PL-71 of yours.

All that was needed was a mode belt and apparently a spring was missing from the cassette door mechanism. The spring was unavailable, so Brian, the technician at IA, hand-fabricated one. I can't wait to get it back because it's like being teased with what I've heard so far before the repairs.

Nando.

Retrofett

Journeyman
Tagline
---
On my Audio Technica table I mainly use the one that came with it, Audio Technica AT120, not a bad cart but I really want to upgrade it to a particular Shure cart I keep eyeballing. I also have a Pickering V15 with both the 33 & a 78 stylus which I mainly just use to play 78's with.

The other working turntable in my main music room is a BSR thats in a Zenith Allegro console radio, it has a cheap tetrad stylus. I mainly just play 45's on that one for the changer.