what are you listening to?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The content is great, the mastering rather muted and muddled, lead vocals not as prominent as backup vocals and instrumentals. IMG_6007.JPG Not impressed with that aspect. It is all the fault of the mastering...Crystal Sound studio B, LA

Polar opposite of the Crime of the Century LP that I have which is top shelf on mastering.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
The content is great, the mastering rather muted and muddled, lead vocals not as prominent as backup vocals and instrumentals. View attachment 68856 Not impressed with that aspect. It is all the fault of the mastering...Crystal Sound studio B, LA

Polar opposite of the Crime of the Century LP that I have which is top shelf on mastering.
Crime Of The Century was one of my most played albums ... still is. Got the half-speed mastered vinyl version too.
Breakfast in America brings back memories of being a teen, playing trombone in a big-band jazz ensemble .... in Disneyland, bath tub full of beer and ice, playing poker until the next morning..... Great Times

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Crime Of The Century was one of my most played albums ... still is. Got the half-speed mastered vinyl version too.
Breakfast in America brings back memories of being a teen, playing trombone in a big-band jazz ensemble .... in Disneyland, bath tub full of beer and ice, playing poker until the next morning..... Great Times
these audio devices are a time machine...plain and simple!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Fiedler and Friends with the Boston Pops Orchestra.....one of those Radio Shack records from long ago. RCA pressing.
I saw Fiedler conduct the Pops several times when I was a kid...probably in the 1957 to 1959 range. Parents liked Fiedler a lot, may have had that LP or ones like that.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I saw Fiedler conduct the Pops several times when I was a kid...probably in the 1957 to 1959 range. Parents liked Fiedler a lot, may have had that LP or ones like that.
Radio Shack liked him too ... a few years of their catalogs had his endorsements of their systems.

I sure miss RS ... just being able to buy blister-packs of components when you needed them was great.

Attachments