what are you listening to?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Hi Bob: Are you feeling like doing another mix tape exchange? I am currently recording a run of my latest project for a few compact cassette enthusiasts.

Nando.
I'd be up for something by mid-October after I get past the Ukrainian ballet residency. Cramming a year's worth of programming into one itty-bitty week is kicking my ass right now and I don't have the extra bandwidth to think too far beyond the several thousand details I'm dealing with between now and then.

But cranking up a new mix or two would be a great way to relax and unwind, so count me in, just not this month.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Jim Croce.....Life and Times
Been trying different cartridges, stylus, weights.
Going to run a Shure M91ED with a Black Diamond nude elliptical at 1 gram for a while. We'll see how it tracks some of the old worn albums I enjoy. Jim sounds really good with this setup
you changed furniture...

George S.

you changed furniture...
Nope, just a different view.
Harry Chapin.....Short Stories
Man, this M91ED is awesome. Was running a M91E, it was very good, but off somehow slightly on the inner tracks. Alignment was perfect, guess it's somehow the age of the cartridge. Increasing tracking force didn't help.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms, SACD 20th anniversary edition. Just arrived today, very well mastered, great listen.

Awaiting Carole King Tapestry to arrive. Legend has it that this particular MFSL SACD is top of the heap for mastering quality. I have it on vinyl (not MFSL) and enjoy that. Will have to see how the SACD stacks up.