what are you listening to?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Seems just like yesterday, recording this...

View attachment 55600

An eccentric mix of Devin Townsend, Ronnie Montrose, ELP, Dixie Dreggs, Jelly Jam, Gamma ... and a wrap with some Alan Parsons remixed/remastered.

The second side is pure paint-peeling Mayhem... mostly Devin Townsend Project - book ended with some 'Quake 2' sound track cuts.
That is going back awhile, Tony. Here's the review of it:

https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/threads/your-latest-mix.1961/post-109046

Nando.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Yep. Next to the Sonic Interlude/Sonic Mayhem, my most ambitious project ever. Easier because of the way it was sourced, so a lot less effort on the 'shaping' front - but a real bugger with all the selection & juggling of tracks. This one is probably the most played tape in my collection to-date... and I have it in my phone too - by sides as one big file - no indexing - so it gets played in the car during longer car trips, a bunch.

I think we need to rise to another project Nando.

Maybe a vinyl only - Sugar Cube cleaned - mix tape endeavor - outside of our already covered, comfort zones.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Long forgotten, the Cook binaural system was hailed as the most realistic “stereo” music available. Produced between 1952 - 1958, required a twin pickup tonearm to reproduce. The binaural method apparently was used in the Felsted you mentioned.

Dual mono! Infinite channel separation. I intended to get a couple of the Cook LPs and experiment with them a while back, thanks for revitalizing the idea. I saw one of those tonearms for sale on EBay once, seller asked too much, so I passed.

https://obsoletemedia.org/cook-binaural-record/

MarkWComer

Tagline

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Yep. Next to the Sonic Interlude/Sonic Mayhem, my most ambitious project ever. Easier because of the way it was sourced, so a lot less effort on the 'shaping' front - but a real bugger with all the selection & juggling of tracks. This one is probably the most played tape in my collection to-date... and I have it in my phone too - by sides as one big file - no indexing - so it gets played in the car during longer car trips, a bunch.

I think we need to rise to another project Nando.

Maybe a vinyl only - Sugar Cube cleaned - mix tape endeavor - outside of our already covered, comfort zones.
I was already contemplating doing another vinyl-only-sourced mix tape with Sep. Might make it a 3-way mix tape exchange.

Nando.

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Similar to Klaus Schulze or Tangerine Dream? Spacey or less spacey?
They are less spacey ....most of the time....they have their own take on the Jazz fusion sound. Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock were exploring here in the States. The music is something you either love, or don't. I have always liked the journey that they took, and it is classic for the period at least for me. Takes me right back to those days, it's unique. I get the same time travel when I put on something like "The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East"! The power of music, all the better when it's "WOPL"ed!

MarkWComer

Tagline
I've tried to categorize Shpongle.....can't seem to do it..
I am a big Shpongle Fan, but when people ask, I tell them you don't Listen to Shpongle, you Experience them.
You need to have certain “doors” opened for Shpongle…
There is no category for this…

Psychoneural transmissions…

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
They are less spacey ....most of the time....they have their own take on the Jazz fusion sound. Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock were exploring here in the States. The music is something you either love, or don't. I have always liked the journey that they took, and it is classic for the period at least for me. Takes me right back to those days, it's unique. I get the same time travel when I put on something like "The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East"! The power of music, all the better when it's "WOPL"ed!
Second that Live at the FillmoreEast!!
Midnight Rider was especially good..