what are you listening to?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Now that I've been spinning a bunch of old LPs + other newer releases...

I'm back to this:

1634247421591.png

Shpongle studio masters on vinyl are seriously something else... o_O

borchee

Journeyman
Chillin' after a looong day...laptop (Foobar2000)-Arcam rPAC-Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO...eeeehmmm...mp3 VBR 0 (am I allowed to enjoy it?!).
Zajeta slika.JPG

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Dug this out of the "just arrived" section at the back of the record store today. One of three scored.
Never heard this album before. Interesting stylistic mix. Still prefer 'Rides Again...' but this one has some gems.

Great presence and clean playback with the Sugar Cube set @ 7...

20211016_190830 - Copy.jpg

BlazeES

Tagline
---
2nd fresh pickup from today...

I could listen to this album every day. The percussion section on parts of this recording transcends the rest of the recording. Brings back great memories of growing up...

20211016_192712 - Copy.jpg

Wasn't my intention but just realized I bought two albums from 1971. The mastering is close enough, I think these two albums will mash/mix up nicely on a mix tape. So that settles it. My first go at a Sugar Cube cleaned up vinyl compilation will be my favorite tracks of this these two albums and maybe something else I can pull in from the LP stack - also from the same year...

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Ah... just figured it out. 'The Concert for Bangladesh' That boxed vinyl release came out in December of '71.

Bam! The trifecta mix!

Guess I'm feeling the 50 year nostalgia thing on some unconscious level

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
2nd fresh pickup from today...

I could listen to this album every day. The percussion section on parts of this recording transcends the rest of the recording. Brings back great memories of growing up...

View attachment 55419

Wasn't my intention but just realized I bought two albums from 1971. The mastering is close enough, I think these two albums will mash/mix up nicely on a mix tape. So that settles it. My first go at a Sugar Cube cleaned up vinyl compilation will be my favorite tracks of this these two albums and maybe something else I can pull in from the LP stack - also from the same year...
Love that album...