what are you listening to?

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
NICE AMPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Lee......it wouldn’t be possible without our own resident “WOPL Sniffer”! The 3 Clair sisters have a new sister not rotated into the system yet, Gina. Perry builds one helluva of a WOPL700! I need to figure out what “impedance” I’m gonna hook up to her. 6AE3479A-0706-455D-8CAD-B125A5B7C675.jpeg 6EC1C425-3E86-47AF-962A-73070A02E0FF.jpeg

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Crrently only running 2 amps with a pair of mid 80’s Belle’s and a pair of KG5.5’s with Crites titanium diaphragms and updated crossovers. I have another pair of 5.5’s at the shop I just updated the diaphragms on that I’m going to add. Plan this summer is to build a custom set of Belle’s with a wood tractix horn, 2” throated midrange driver and possibly port the bass driver so it would be more of a hybrid Belle but use the same footprint.
9FE68BF8-5284-4EA9-8E45-7EA7F7EAE4F1.jpeg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I'm using a Martelli Tractix wood horn with 2" B &C DCM 50 driver and I rotate in the BMS 4592 occasionally. The BMS are way more efficient, but the DCMs are a little smoother....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Al K had the Martelli horns on his site until Martelli could not keep up...beautifdul horns BTW. I noticed Al is now pushing the old Altec horns??? I think Martelli had it right. AL HAD THE "ELLIPTICAL " HORNS FOR AWHILE TOO. bUILT A SET of those also. I think the Martelli's sound better.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Those are some crazy horns Lee....works of art some of them, garage built wonders for the others...lol!

I am definitely looking for smoother than more efficient.....so you would recommend the DCM 50’s? I haven’t shopped around for any yet, is that an ok deal from Parts Express or smoking hot deal?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I paid 600 each for mine, thre are a smokin deal at 378!!! In fact, I'm thinkin of getting a spare pair at that!!

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
They are bit pricey, good woodworking but pricey. Looking around for others if you have any links or options.

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Listening to the 3 Mustaphas 3 album "Shopping" on the living room system while I preparing for the new preamp in the main system. That particular album always puts me in a good mood...good music.

Not the best quality, but what the Hell: