what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Bloomfield Kooper Stills - Super Session
(1968, Columbia)

notes from several years ago:

May 1968 when Bloomfield was in the process of leaving the Electric Flag, and Stills was in the process of leaving Buffalo Springfield and a few weeks away from joining up with David Crosby and Graham Nash. with Harvey Brooks from Electric Flag on bass. I can hear the twangy Stills' Buffalo Springfield guitar chords on the Dylan tune; he also stretches out with some Hendrix-like amped up licks on the "You Don't Love Me" jam. love this record.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Speakerlabfan, looks like you've been dragging an M93E a fair bit. So have I on a Zero 100 and that combo's been getting the most use lately. I'm still on an original stylus - how about you?

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Raging Slab - s/t
(1989, RCA) STERLING in the deadwax, mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound, NYC

Produced by Daniel Rey (who also produced Iggy Pop, The Ramones). A 1989 Guitar World review of Raging Slab described the group's sound as "Lynyrd Skynyrd meets Metallica". I can hear the influences. This record cooks, especially like a track called "Bent For Silver".

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Beatles bootleg from a thrift bin

Had not in been in this particular store for a couple of weeks - the LP selection had gotten pretty stale. This record may have been passed over by others before me, not suspecting what it was. Cover not exactly mint but vinyl plays well. Also not exactly extremely rare or valuable but it's the first Beatles "boot" I've ever seen "in the wild".

There are false starts which are interesting to hear.

IMG_3626.jpg IMG_3627.jpg IMG_3628.jpg IMG_3629.jpg

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Ron, when all I saw in the post previews was "http://" I was originally gonna say I used to listen to the internet too but then I got DSL :)

Anyway, Holy Crap, Batman!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Just put this up on AK for sale, one last play. I have it on the Canadian Banzai label also which I am keeping. This is the 1st Elektra label issue, it previously was released on the silver Megaforce label. My version is a MASTERDISK HW

BlazeES

Tagline
---
... listening to water dribble through the down-spouts.

It snowed across Arkansas last night. But the sun is out and away it goes ... :lol: