what are you listening to?

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Just updating about my buddy Jack... he called me lastnight so he is well. I guess we are going to plan a tribute concert for Jerry in May. The band I posted a vid of and Jerry's original band form the 80s (Mayhem) will be combining forces. I guess I will be playing so we are going to work up a setlist and I will try to practice as much as possible here and plan to take two weeks towards the end of April to stay at Jack's for final practices. I think a CD release may also be in the offing, time will tell

It was great talking to Jack, I was so relieved to know he is ok and no major changes in his life. He thought he sent me an email a year or so ago letting me know his number was changed so it's really my fault for never checking my email

Life is GOOD for now, all is well in Ron's World, at least most of it except finances

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
My Christmas present

Authentic Pink Floyd! Wish there had been more than one vocal track, though...

Y'know- they had to take this off the shelves in China and have the covers reprinted to "The Endress Liver"

(So how do you get the image to post larger than a thumbnail? Am I exceeding a dimension limit and automatically being rescaled?)

Attachments

Last edited:

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
(So how do you get the image to post larger than a thumbnail? Am I exceeding a dimension limit and automatically being rescaled?)
I use postimg.org to store the images, create a hotlink for forums and copy the html code into the post where you want the picture to be.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
There are many photo/video hosting sites you can use.

Imgur, Photobucket, image shack, to name a few.

Northwinds

Tagline
Trying to listen to a Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St that I bought off eBay

Here is the ad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271705352882?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

One record came wrapped in plastic food wrap since one of the photoliners is missing, both records have scratches and are filthy. Pretty pissed to say the least. I don't offer records in this condition for a reason, they are crap!!!!!!!!!!! Gatefold is falling apart...

Would you call these EX to NM???

Northwinds

Tagline
Doug, if you see the ad, the seller is describing a Fleetwood Mac lp. I messaged him letting him know my concerns. As long as he refunds me the total cost and it does not cost me any return shipping, I will call it a day. This is why I normally only buy sealed records off eBay, can't go by sellers descriptions anymore I guess. I have the postcard inserts that come with this release and was hoping to score a NM copy to put them with. The set is worth $100 then. I would feel bad even giving this copy away as they are common to find. Just not common to find with the postcards which I have been hanging on to for years waiting for a NM copy to come along

This has happed a few times over the last year. Before that, it almost never happened, especially with Metal lps which are held to a higher standard since they are much more expensive to collectors. I gambled that a common Stones album would be clean, this is why I do not win contests, just NO luck LOL

Cafe944

Journeyman

Here is the ad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271705352882?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

One record came wrapped in plastic food wrap since one of the photoliners is missing, both records have scratches and are filthy. Pretty pissed to say the least. I don't offer records in this condition for a reason, they are crap!!!!!!!!!!! Gatefold is falling apart...

Terrible, I checked out the sellers feedback. Not the first time he pulls this stunt.

Northwinds

Tagline
^^^^^ Cafe994

Some people should not sell records. If you pull the records out in natural light, they look fairly decent. Bring them into direct sunlight and all is exposed. These are VG at most. I will give the seller the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to square this deal right. I don't just leave negative feedback Doug. If I was the seller, I would want a chance to make it right but if it costs me anything to return this, he will get neg'd

MarkWComer

Tagline

Here is the ad

My copy of PF "A Nice Pair" was also listed as NM. Seller knocked 50% off, but still doesn't excuse the overgraded condition.

Ebay is a crapshoot for used LPs. I bought the Chameleons "Script of the Bridge" Abbey Road remaster, was NOT gatefold with additional artwork, had the CD track list (additional tracks weren't on the LP), and was sent in an envelope instead of a protective box. LP was mint/sealed/new, but the cover slightly damaged from lack of protection. My white vinyl copy of Simple Mind's "Sparkle in the Rain" was broken, but that's the fault of USPS- and it was shipped in a box.

Overall, I've had more good experiences with ebay than bad, but you're still buying something sight unseen, and the feedback thing is more political than practical.

Northwinds

Tagline
Mark, I have A Nice Pair in -NM condition for $50 shipped if interested (what I paid). I bought it from a local shop so I got to inspect/playtest it first. It has the Nice Pair sticker on it which only early issues had

MarkWComer

Tagline
Mark, I have A Nice Pair in -NM condition for $50 shipped if interested (what I paid). I bought it from a local shop so I got to inspect/playtest it first. It has the Nice Pair sticker on it which only early issues had
Yes, Interested, but won't have any money until Jan 14th.

Northwinds

Tagline
No worries on time Mark, I had not really though about selling it but figured you might want a nice copy. I have some other Pink Floyd Demonstration copies of Wish You Were Here and the Final Cut also. Maybe some other stuff. Have not looked in awhile