what are you listening to?

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
The Horace Silver Quintet: Song For My Father -- 1964 – Blue Note 81485
Title Song Opens with Some Familiar Cords - Take a Listen and compare the opening of "Song for My Father" to the 1974 Steely Dan tune "Rikki Don't Lose That Number". Becker and Fagen came along 10 years after this album came out. It's a great album.

Horace Silver BN81485.jpg Horace Silver 1964a.jpg

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Tommy Bolin: Teaser (1975)

It must be end 1979 / early 1980 I've listened to this album for the first time.

It became one of my favourites instantly.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Last day of flex time off that I don't have to be somewhere early so working through my 60 minute individual artist mixes while figuring out my strategy for reserving campsites 5 months and 11 months out. Indeed, it's a lot like planning some kind of military campaign to get reservations to get the boss down to the Florida Keys for 10 days next January. In the meantime, I've burned through my electric Dylan, CCR, Elton John (FM cuts) mixes and am working my way through Jackson Browne at the moment. Soon to be followed by Johnny Cash.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Remarkable how well the audio on this video sounds considering it's from 1978.

Ronnie Montrose on his 'Open Fire' tour. Never knew the great Steve Smith played drums on that tour...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Forgot to mention, the dude at the record store spun a vinyl version of that Fleetwood Mac. Never heard it before. Some real special bluesy tracks in that collection...