what are you listening to?

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Been a while. Scrolled back a few pages, and didnt notice, any mention of the new Devin Townsend. You checked it out yet Tony? While I find it to be quite eccentric Im really diggin a few tunes from it.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Hey man. Long time !
I've been waiting for it to make some waves first. I knew it was coming.
What I've sampled so far is off-the-grid for me. Too experi-Mental.
This is the kind of release that comes when an artist is tapped out...

I'm disappointed he took to crying about how if it doesn't sell, he won't be able to continue. But such is the world anymore ... what are you gonna do.
He's not 'pwned' by record companies like many other artists, so I'm not buying into the "I'm almost broke", starving artist BS.

I take back the pwnage comment. Just watched his 'unboxing vid' on the Tube.
He's a slave to marketing... and he's pretty trite about it.

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Indeed it is extremely experimental. Really comes across as Project material, without the boys. That said I had no connection to his band. I doubt this album will sell very much. Its way out there for those looking for classic HevyDevy type material. I had read some time back that he had 3 more albums worth of material he was planning to release. Hopefully, sales and income wont affect their release. He was selling some guitars a year or two ago.

That said this song really grabbed me when I first heard it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlazeES

Tagline
---
He markets well over in Europe and I suspect this album will only gain traction there.

I roll with Devin, stick to what I connect with and claim no undying love for all of his solo & DTP works. Ziltoid, apart from maybe 2 songs, is another head trip for him - like this one. But watching his documentary series, he looks to be giving up and isn't very articulate about it. On purpose IMHO.
A few times he references 'this is where he was always going' type stuff and looking back, you can really hear it take hold with Epicloud and Transcendence.

Midlife crisis not good for Devin ...
and he's confused about fame & fortune.

Noticed Sony Music on the label too. So much for being just an 'In and Out Records' indie artist ...

Last edited:

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Eric Clapton - No Reason To Cry
(1976, RSO)

w/ Bob Dylan, Ron Wood, Rick Danko, Richard Manuel, Robbie Robertson. Thanks to Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, "Geoffrey" Harrison. recorded at the Band's Shangri-La Studio in Malibu, CA.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
He markets well over in Europe and I suspect this album will only gain traction there.

I roll with Devin, stick to what I connect with and claim no undying love for all of his solo & DTP works. Ziltoid, apart from maybe 2 songs, is another head trip for him - like this one. But watching his documentary series, he looks to be giving up and isn't very articulate about it. On purpose IMHO.
A few times he references 'this is where he was always going' type stuff and looking back, you can really hear it take hold with Epicloud and Transcendence.

Midlife crisis not good for Devin ...
and he's confused about fame & fortune.

Noticed Sony Music on the label too. So much for being just an 'In and Out Records' indie artist ...
Well said. Now that you point that out it does seem to be the case. Take the good with the bad I guess in the case of someone that unique.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
2TB - isn't that like 2 years of music? I guess it's not full. It would be a righteous project to make a mix recording that long or even whole albums.

But I'm way behind the times as you can tell. I'm assuming there's some downloadable source that can dump 2TB lickety split - yes?