what are you listening to?

Stratdoc

New Around These Parts
So, spoke with Benchmark. They thought the thermal shutdown was from playing the amp for 3 hours or better at that volume level. Said no problems with the 4 0hm speakers. It is stable at all impedance levels. I told them once the amp cooled, we played at the same volume level for another hour with no issue. They said if it happened again let them know and I might need to send it in for a go over as a bit unusual. The album we were playing at the time should have had no impact on the amp's heat.

Second AHB2 on the way.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Good Question, what am I listening to??? A construction site boom box............ I'm setting up my WOPL (but not the turntable) in the laundry room till I get the Family room squared away. If I am making dust, I'll either cover it till the coast is clear, or I'll pull it apart for a good vacuuming or both. hell, the wall between the laundry and family room is open partway anyway and I have a big green volume knob. My second WOPL is almost finished, can't wait. I bought a handful of new albums waiting for the day. I was in home depot early the other day and they had the stereo playing and I said, shit, I aint heard that song since I lost my stereo/CD's/Albums in a divorce in 97 so I found the album, still sealed from 1985..... The Hooters!!!! All you Zombies off the Nervous Night Album.... It's bad ass even on the boom box.......

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
TOOL...real loud, Infected Mushroom....REAL LOUD....starting to get the bad juju on the run....
Blast that bad juju outta your life...

Getting the disc packs played...

Stratdoc, since you are new I'm playing the 370 CDs a friend gave me a while ago. Alphabetized and loading a cd changer with 5 generally without duplicate artists of music I probably haven't heard much before. I'm getting close to the end of this group, he gave me about 900 a few years ago. He's 15 years younger, grew up in a different area and era so there is a lot of new to me music.

Last two sets
Van Morrison Astral Weeks
Underworld Dubnobasswithmyheadman
Squarepusher Ultravisitor
Soundtrack Until the End of the World

Today:
Valentin Silverstrov Metamusic & Postludium Music for Piano and Orchestra
Ultravox Lament
Underworld Dirty Epic / Cowgirl
Vitamin Z Rites of Passage
The Verve Urban Hymns