what are you listening to?

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
New Pat Metheny?
Hi Jim,
Yes, the album came out about 2 weeks ago. It is a solo album, just Metheny on an acoustic baritone guitar, really a mellow, enjoyable listen.
He uses nylon strings on the baritone guitar, which he says gives him the sound he was looking for. My ears certainly approve !
I have been a Pat Metheny fan since the mid 70's, and this album is super.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Gotta get me some CCR...thanks for the earworm Bob. Hot damn, multiple SACD offerings too.
Don't know how many SACD versions there are out there, but based on my Analog Productions LPs that are pretty much unobtanium now, you want the Analog Productions SACDs if you can afford them, Joe. Steve Hoffman's remasters and Kevin Gray's work on the pressings are stunning. I'm damn lucky to have the vinyl at the original $25/album from back in 1998 or so. The ebay sold prices are triple that - or more - now.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Haven't been cruizin' during the day lately. 'Lympics take that time. But still getting music input at night. Enjoying Echoes, an ambient music show over the air or streamed at night for couple hours (the show length) or more (repeated on a different stream) times, depending on how much I like it.

Well, I'm saying the Olympics but really the main rig sux right now. Crossover is out so no subs, have one to put in and just noticed a midrange issue in one channel I need to sort. Thinking amp which will be easy to swap as that is just cables with 3 amps set up to do main speaker duty. Just need to get in there to do the work.

I'll be back with the Underworld CDs getting heard and the rest of the late alphabet contents of the new-to-me CD collection and some vinyl as I need to swap nails on one tt as it didn't sound its best last time. Cartridge was a bit crispy, hours unknown, have another one just like it and recently read that this model might be a bit rich on the high end.

Hell it's summer, I'm not sitting in front of the rig as much as when I use the tubes to heat the house.

Last edited:

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
...Hell it's summer, I'm not sitting in front of the rig as much as when I use the tubes to heat the house.
If I had big tubes down here, I'd be miserable in the summer. With only 1100 sq ft.and not a lot of that in the galley kitchen, we have an oven that does that for us. The new ones all have exhaust fans that run until it's cooled off after you turn it off. Does a nice job in winter but we spend a fair amount of time grilling, using a microwave, or using an air fryer in the summer.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I read a lot about folks skipping the tubes in the hot weather but my room is large enough and the tube amps not so bad that I have never really had them heat the room. But I do use the sand amps in the warm weather and neither of them gets warm even when putting out max effort.