what are you listening to?

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
A couple of my newer lps are in color or otherwise. I think the Muddy Magnolias album is white and one of my Robert Earl Keen albums is clear. Other than that, most everything is Henry Ford black.
I got a some polka guy on mint white vinyl. He played at our local legion years ago was gonna get it signed but missed the show. There’s one Police album maybe synchronicity that’s commonly purple if you hold
It to the light. Got a few clear records, RUSH hemispheres in red, a few in clear and a couple
Picture discs. Picture discs suck to listen to, you can hear the “picture” in the transition between colours.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
it will be impractical of me to entertain analog players because of the difficulty and expense of obtaining material...
i really do like streaming media...will subscribe as soon as i decide...as of now i am leaning to spotify...but understand there are other sources besides youtube and spotify...any personal experiences out there in this area??
would love to hear your experiences and opinions...
please...

George S.

All of my digital files were downloaded very long ago from file sharing sites using a BitTorrent client. Some of the files are so large they'll play 3 or 4 days nonstop. Today this is severely frowned on, so can't say any more about it here.
I rarely stream unless it's YouTube. I do like watching large symphony orchestras and old rock concerts on occasion.
I enjoy LPs above all else.

gene french

Tagline
All of my digital files were downloaded very long ago from file sharing sites using a BitTorrent client. Some of the files are so large they'll play 3 or 4 days nonstop. Today this is severely frowned on, so can't say any more about it here.
I rarely stream unless it's YouTube. I do like watching large symphony orchestras and old rock concerts on occasion.
I enjoy LPs above all else.
napster...

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
just subscribed to apple music ..
recently upgraded library to lossless cd quality streaming...
no more ads...lol
Same here, Gene .... Great quality sound and I can let it stream for hours. I do occasionally spin some vinyl, but it's not too often that I can sit down and just listen.

I started listening to Rhapsody back in the early 2000s - and subscribed for many years, until they renamed themselves to Napster. I recall one of the kids installed old Napster on their PC and I had a bitch of a time un-installing it. It seemed to have tentacles in the Registry and several "corners" of the harddrive where it would somehow reinstall itself. Had Spotify for many years after that, no complaints, but we seem to have collected a lot of Apple hardware around here. Apple+ works for everybody here - they have their magazines, books and movies, I have music.

gene french

Tagline
Same here, Gene .... Great quality sound and I can let it stream for hours. I do occasionally spin some vinyl, but it's not too often that I can sit down and just listen.

I started listening to Rhapsody back in the early 2000s - and subscribed for many years, until they renamed themselves to Napster. I recall one of the kids installed old Napster on their PC and I had a bitch of a time un-installing it. It seemed to have tentacles in the Registry and several "corners" of the harddrive where it would somehow reinstall itself. Had Spotify for many years after that, no complaints, but we seem to have collected a lot of Apple hardware around here. Apple+ works for everybody here - they have their magazines, books and movies, I have music.
i am not a big apple fan...but your mileage may vary...lol
they have the highest quality period...i am having a problem...cant put apple music on the smart tvs...
works on the computer and mobiles...i read that it was a payment due thingy between the country and apple...my router has openvpn built in...will try that...sure would like it on the tvs....will cast from the computer and phone...so no biggie if i dont get it to work...i have declared my region the states...because of payment with u.s. credit card...but they must read tv ip....