what are you listening to?

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
If I see a 700 local I'll let you know, but a 700 is a very rare beast. I'd pursue trying to get a Pro from the same source Sniff used. Like he said, they're only going to get more expensive. I really beat the bushes looking for the last piece I bought, the PL1000 S2 I'm currently rebuilding. All the sites like Reverb or Audiogon were way over priced. Finally found it on eBay cheap by just checking and rechecking and being patient. Was ready to immediately pull the trigger when it showed up. Same with the 700 Pro. Watched and watched, set my max bid in my mind, and pulled the trigger at the last bidding seconds. More than I wanted to pay for a amp I was gutting, But no choice if I was going to be the high bidder. They're not getting any cheaper.
You probably want a 700 B to match your 400s. Never seen one on Craigslist Pittsburg, Cleveland, Detroit, or Columbus. Put up a 700 B wanted in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

George S.

There are a ton of 700Bs, 700S2, PL400 8 fin, PL400S2 out there. You just have to be patient and one will come to you.
Yup, be patient and beat the bushes. Sigh, not many in the bushes of CR. Just watch eBay and the other sites. And submit offers. You'd be amazed at what some of the old test and computer gear sells for immediately after a low ball offer. People often just want to move this stuff quickly.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
saw them in concert in 1971...2nd date with my ex...the opening act was black oak arkansas.. .
many many memories!!!
thans for the stroll down memory lane, mr. george!!
I saw both of those bands in the early 70's but not together....I don't think.

BOA must have been later because Ruby Starr in Daisy Dukes caught my attention in Jim Dandy to the Rescue. I think that one came out in '73.

Ruby Starr 1.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

BOA must have been later because Ruby Starr in Daisy Dukes caught my attention in Jim Dandy to the Rescue. I think that one came out in '73.

View attachment 68416

When I got out of the Army in 81 (on my way to the Navy), my friend worked at a bar in Coon Rapids called Thumpers. They used to bring in some good bands and when I was talking to her, she asked if I wanted to meet Ruby. Man she was hot. I had just pulled the driver out of my Epicure speakers to retrieve the brick of hash I brought back from Germany stuffed inside and I asked Ruby if she wanted to get blasted................ She said, no, got any Coke??? Damn the 80's....................

Ruby Star and the Gray Ghost Band.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...

View attachment 68416
floats my boat...