what are you listening to?

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Ok there is the deal
not to get off topic but the Pl8000 pl l1000 and the like use pioneer branded ic’s. They are not available at reasonable price. We are working getting crossover ‘s for them. These 1980 Pioneers are at the height of design and quality. Simplest this is get a broken unit with the parts in it as I have now is store.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
There may not be a direct cross for those chips- they may be unique to Pioneer. They had the buying power to get a run of unique chips done.

BUT, and I think I mentioned this earlier (or elsewhere), the chip needs to be reverse-engineered (if possible) to determine what is going on inside, and then a daughter board can be made to replicate the functionality of the chip.

There are thermal advantages to a chip package sometimes but I think the demand on these chips in question is very low.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Ok there is the deal
not to get off topic but the Pl8000 pl l1000 and the like use pioneer branded ic’s. They are not available at reasonable price. We are working getting crossover ‘s for them. These 1980 Pioneers are at the height of design and quality. Simplest this is get a broken unit with the parts in it as I have now is store.
I dig THAT part, I just couldn't understand the chopped up post.

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
That photo really makes me want to get the PL version. That Pioneer is really, really nice. I need to start reading up on those troublesome ICs on them and what the solutions are. I'm guessing a recap before they go bad. Beautiful.
I have a couple of each gathering dust that I need to get working. My future retirement projects are many.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
...Maybe we are not so different.
I've noticed very few real differences when talking with people in our travels - or interacting with our artists, some of whom are famous world-wide. Like Brother Zimmerman, most of us are just looking for three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the suburbs.