Welcome Tapeheads!

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well after a number of moderations on my more than 17,000 posts that some were lost, I have stopped posting there not because of Matt but the new management that has caused this. I still help people by PM but no more public posts and it is interesting to see how quicly the stupids over there lead people astray with really dumb solutions. That is when I PM the person with the question. I don't find it necessary to visit all that often anymore as it is NOT the same as when DES had it.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Sam, While I respect your decision I don't share your experience with "TH management". I read most of what you post publicly because we both have similar interests, and unless I am blind, I do not see evidence of stupid management. Are you being called out for being a blunt speaking curmudgeon? You are more than helpful. Some of the tech guys are picking fights, but not the regular bunch. I remember when Tapetech drove me nuts but he's learned a lot over the years. I don't know why a few EU members flame but I suspect language translation is one issue.
TH is drifting towards the AK quagmire of too many idiot posts on every self help topic, but that I feel is a function of membership growing and new members migrating from AK who have no sense of how to be succinct. Our TH techs are the bedrock of the forum.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well you have not had the interaction of Moderators I have had over there and I have been treated better at AK if that is possible. I think they were so pushed to add moderators that they added the wrong people and so the flow goes.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Sorry to hear you were treated badly on that forum Sam, especially so when you were trying to be helpful. Always learning here...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I only knew that place for a short while, but I imagine it really was great at one time.
But it changed even in my short tenure.

It’s mostly old men talking about outdated technology. I saw the writing in the wall and bailed. I’m waiting to clean up the crazy 8’s traveling tape then I’m totally done.

You don’t shit on someone as they’re trying to make a contribution. And you damn sure address others via PM with your first name at least.

The good news is, you are more than welcome here Sam.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Yes, I have far too many repairs to waste time over there although there was a time when Matt had it that it was fun to visit but now it is more a pain.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I only knew that place for a short while, but I imagine it really was great at one time.
But it changed even in my short tenure.

It’s mostly old men talking about outdated technology. I saw the writing in the wall and bailed. I’m waiting to clean up the crazy 8’s traveling tape then I’m totally done.

You don’t shit on someone as they’re trying to make a contribution. And you damn sure address others via PM with your first name at least.

The good news is, you are more than welcome here Sam.

Sam has been around here for 10 years, what took you so long in welcoming him???

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I guess I should have elaborated.

Due to what should be the topic at hand, there is far too much drama. I can’t imagine what caused the banning of two long term active contributors to that site. But, it happened.

Maybe some new mods are heavy handed. At the end of the day, it’s PS’ site, so he carries the burden. And if it’s a loose cannon, stow it. Own up to yours, and the mistakes of those under you. It’s pretty basic.

And Sam was here first. I think he probably welcomed me here.

Six cassette decks
One open reel
One minidisc

I’m pretty well stocked up on obsolete formats. Cassette is my favorite, closely followed by CD.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Well having enough aggravation from both TH and AK I decided to not do much with any of those so I was talking to a past client Engineer and he made this new Facebook page and all are welcome to join and we will have the answers you need outside of any requirement to advertise. AK deleted some of my posts with tape deck answers because I mention my shop and they think I was advertising but I am sure they would not have any problem if I was a paying customer. Try this place- https://www.facebook.com/groups/819609535336117/posts/819620412001696

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well having enough aggravation from both TH and AK I decided to not do much with any of those so I was talking to a past client Engineer and he made this new Facebook page and all are welcome to join and we will have the answers you need outside of any requirement to advertise. AK deleted some of my posts with tape deck answers because I mention my shop and they think I was advertising but I am sure they would not have any problem if I was a paying customer. Try this place- https://www.facebook.com/groups/819609535336117/posts/819620412001696
I don't go to FB anymore. Too much indoctrination happening there...along with security risks.