Welcome Tapeheads!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Greetings All Phoenix Members.

I'd like to take a moment to welcome Tapeheads, without reservation, back into our community here.
For those of you who might not know, Phoenix (previously AudioStorm) was launched in mid 2010 to much fanfare with a new line of cassette tapes and a support group. However, events transpired-which for brevity I won't get back into-that resulted in a three year long sort of Cold War falling out between members of staff here and at Tapeheads.net. And as some of you know, a number of members were caught up in the crossfire. This resulted in a lot of resentment and animosity on both sides that was to neither’s benefit.

The Phoenix Staff here and and Tapeheads have sat down together today, and it was mutually agreed that we need to let bygones be bygones and move forward working together as a team.

In situations such as this, egos tend to get in the way of common sense. And as previously stated, it not only becomes pointless, but hurts other people in the process. When such a mentality prevails, it becomes all too easy to forget what our common goals are. We also tend to forget where it is we came from which was-ironically-an attempt to escape such behavior.

At this time, on behalf of Lee and myself, we lay open the gates of Phoenix to all of our lost brothers at Tapeheads, and remind all that without Tapeheads, this forum would not exist today. We acknowledge the hard work by Des-Lab and all of the Tapeheads staff, just as they have with Phoenix. We look forward to the free flow of all things “Audio†between the two sites, and hope that ALL members of both sites come and go freely, participate wherever they choose, and enjoy both forums!

As Matt/Des has stated on Tapeheads just a moment ago (go look, everyone…) This is not merely a truce, but an actual end to the "war". May both sites support and thrive!

Thank you.

Jerry and Lee (Jer and Sasquatch.. )

Phoenix Audio Community Forum

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Not a vent. But wasn't anyone from Tapeheads already welcome here? That's Matts big announcement? Sorry. No thanks.

Perry your feelings are your perogative and I'm sure you have your reasons, and yes you are correct, all TH members are welcome here.

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
They said it would never happen. But yes. We have made peace and look forward to a future partnership together once again.

I understand that there will be some who will continue to harbor resentment because of some of what went on over the last three years. We don't expect you to just repress and forget it like a light switch overnight. But rest assured that the bad blood that *WE* had has been washed away. Quite a cathartic feeling if you ask me. You should try it. So as time goes on, any of you that continue to harbor ill will towards any of us (myself/TH/Lee/Jerry, etc) will eventually find yourself more and more alone.

Looking forward to checking the place out. Maybe eve get some new ideas.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You had better bet it's over, I'm a bulldog and ADELANTE!, we're liftin the sled and cruisin to El Monte.

'Nuff Said-Stan Lee

Des_Lab

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Love it! Thanky sir!
I gotta get used to this version of VBulletin. I know my 3.8.5 user interface inside and out but this 4.0 is going to take some learning.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
They said it would never happen. But yes. We have made peace and look forward to a future partnership together once again.

I understand that there will be some who will continue to harbor resentment because of some of what went on over the last three years. We don't expect you to just repress and forget it like a light switch overnight. But rest assured that the bad blood that *WE* had has been washed away. Quite a cathartic feeling if you ask me. You should try it. So as time goes on, any of you that continue to harbor ill will towards any of us (myself/TH/Lee/Jerry, etc) will eventually find yourself more and more alone.

WOW,,,,,Welcome to Phoenix

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation

Welcome to Phoenix. :)

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Hello, Nick! Welcome to Phoenix :occasion8:

Well this is excellent to see and hear! It's taken a long time and a lot of effort by many on both sides but it's excellent to see the day has finally come.

Looking forward to the interaction and the team work in advancing shared goals in the future.

Welcome aboard Matt and all the fine members of TapeHeads. Nice to have ya here!

NavLinear

You live on the WILD SIDE, Dennis!
Gotta be on the rivit - no fun elsewhere.

Heck - I get in trouble most weekends but I've never figured out why! Our barbeques are quite the hoot though! The dog house has my name on it now and we have three dogs - go figure.