tube vs solid state

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Gotta remember Larrt, Bob is a marketing genius, if I had a limited number of amp builds for life and the object was to collect money??/.........

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Absolutely NOT Larrt...!!!! But the potential for crazy money is not in SS, as it is in tube equipment...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
32,500 and had I been flush then I would have bought them just on the collectibilty factor.....

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
32,500 and had I been flush then I would have bought them just on the collectibilty factor.....
Would have cost me more than that. Things would have to be different. Would have to build a pair of 20/21s. New TT. If I can afford that much for them. Lot of money would fly quickly just to hear them.

speakerman1

Tagline
One HOT button eh??
Need to get hold of Mark, Danny, I can email Danny. Mark I don't know. Can tell John to have him email me. What was the price on the woofers. 50 something. Lots of skin to put into that game. Wonder what the Xs would sound like going into a pair?

That button is intermittent. very stiff spring.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
In other words takes a HAND to trip the the shiny red on eh??

6K was the latest price to get a pair up and running. Was talking to a guy named Dean Westcott on the Klipsch forum about some crossover work and the subject of those very same Epiphany's came up. He though he could get a much better price on the drivers and crossovers.

Need Mark's e-mail. He was pretty firm on the cabs at 800.00 each.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
In other words takes a HAND to trip the the shiny red on eh??

6K was the latest price to get a pair up and running. Was talking to a guy named Dean Westcott on the Klipsch forum about some crossover work and the subject of those very same Epiphany's came up. He though he could get a much better price on the drivers and crossovers.

Need Mark's e-mail. He was pretty firm on the cabs at 800.00 each.
I don't know about the cabs but I do have these NOS 600 watt JBL "Frequency Dividing Networks" and I can let them go for a song. There are no better 500 Hz crossovers available on the planet for high power applications. Ever been to a surround sound movie theater, you were listening to these. (4 Ohm low frequency, 16 Ohm high frequency)

$100 plus shipping for the pair in the original box with owner's manual.

Mark

Attachments

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
thank you for your honest answers : i personaly cant tell a difference in sound but only in price i have a friend who swears by tubes yet my system to myself sounds a lot better than his heathkits and interface d s then again i am running a wopl with a hell of a lot more headroom than his 22 watts aside even if the ds are at a 98 db sensitivity

speakerman1

Tagline
You would have to explain that one to me Lee, or draw me a picture.

Mark
20 5 inch speakers 21 tweeters or the reversed. Lee I'm just wondering if you changed to cheaper products. You will be changing what they are. Danny couldn't get the original 5 inchers. He checked with China. The price I gave you was for a very close proximity. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28279019@N05/sets/72157624324687510/detail/ From China it would be part of a container or a whole container.