The receiver 'Power Wars'

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Might be onto something with a black-face PL edition 400, 700B amplifier... with gold lettering.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've notice when it's hair raisin time, I'm not lookin at the amp, I'm lookin at the music...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Nando, I think gold would add that special touch and compliment both the copper and the black to be more than the sum of it's parts AKA...........synergy.....

Old HiFi Guy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---An old Stereo fan, bought my first in 1964
Hi

I hope you don't mind if I jump in this thread for my first post. Just found this site liked what I have read. I have collected equipment for over 40 years and have bought and sold more than I can remember, some of it I regret selling. Currently have Sansui 9090Db in like new condition, a Sansui 9090 that had been dropped and sustained damage, bent up faceplate and a couple of control knobs broken off but it works good(paid $5.00 for it), a Pioneer 1050 that has one channel out and a Phase Linear 400 amp that I need to get rebuilt. And that is just a few. I am hoping by hanging out here that other members could direct me to the best places to get some of my equipment repaired. Thank you.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
And around here you can jump in any thread for any reason at anytime, thread destruction is considered a fine art here.

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
i had a 5590 in my possession once...

only picked it up locally to ship to the buyer in San Diego. it was my first major packing job.

i also have a Luxman R-117 that my daughter uses in her rig, which replaced a next-to-TOTL Yamaha CR-2020 receiver that needs attention.

Attachments

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Looks like this wasn't your first effort in shipping a receiver. The black SX-5590 is a beaut! You have a couple of the other coveted receivers: the Luxman and the Yamaha.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I know this is an old thread, but I see no one noticed this either(I think?) saying Marantz 2600 with pics of a 2500?
The marantz at 400wpc@4ohms, what was the Technics @ 4ohms(I missed it somewhere):bootyshake:
Shit, dangnabit!! Busted! And I'm a Marantz three martini sound kinda guy too :rabbit: In my defense I was drinking and puffin' when I posted this thread way back when, I did my best :tongue1:

Tagline
---
closest thing to a "SuperReceiver" i've ever had, 1990 TOTL PIO VSX-D1S, 130wRMS@8ohm, and supposedly stable even into 2ohm.
digital BASS/MID/TRE controls, and a DIRECT signal bypass. it does indeed make some seriously sweet sounds for all of that,
and has served me like nothing else for the better part of a decade now...

Last edited:

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
There's some really nice gear in this thread. And Nando, I'm going to say the "H" word so I'll apoplogize in advance, if I had the gear I've seen in your pictures and in this thread, I'd have to hoard it also. There's no way I could let these beauties go if i had them.