The receiver 'Power Wars'

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A true classic Sansui receiver, Robert. You are one of the few who hung onto their receivers from the 70's. Word is you may be expecting a couple of more classics to join the Sansui bought from a very esteemed member.

Nando.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Elite-ist said:
A true classic Sansui receiver, Robert. You are one of the few who hung onto their receivers from the 70's. Word is you may be expecting a couple of more classics to join the Sansui bought from a very esteemed member.

Nando.

Hi Nando,

Good news travels fast.... :) Can't wait to see the new member of the family (SX-850), now I just need to find or build a place for them. Not to worry as there is still the kitchen table!

Yes, the Sansui has been a very good unit. The volume control is starting to show it's age however. I have always tended to buy nice things and then hang onto them forever, something my Grandpa taught me that stuck.

Elite-ist

Staff member
rtp_burnsville said:
[quote="Elite-ist":dn3u994h]A true classic Sansui receiver, Robert. You are one of the few who hung onto their receivers from the 70's. Word is you may be expecting a couple of more classics to join the Sansui bought from a very esteemed member.

Nando.

Hi Nando,

Good news travels fast.... :) Can't wait to see the new member of the family (SX-850), now I just need to find or build a place for them. Not to worry as there is still the kitchen table!

Yes, the Sansui has been a very good unit. The volume control is starting to show it's age however. I have always tended to buy nice things and then hang onto them forever, something my Grandpa taught me that stuck.[/quote:dn3u994h]
And other words of wisdom my dad passed down to me, which doesn't seem to sink in with this younger generation, " Look after what you have because you may not be able to afford to replace it."

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
laatsch55 said:
My dad told me" Son, don't be afraid to buy the best, you CAN"T regret it!"
And what did Lee pass onto his son: "Always take 10 strides back before you light the thing, and be sure to hit the deck!"

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
RTP, I'll get a photo of it tonight, its buried by some xers. I can give a hint, "cherrie" given to me by a Campbell County Rancher for helping on his water well. Ask nando about my Cherries.

Elite-ist

Staff member
laatsch55 said:
RTP, I'll get a photo of it tonight, its buried by some xers. I can give a hint, "cherrie" given to me by a Campbell County Rancher for helping on his water well. Ask nando about my Cherries.
In the short time I've known Lee, he proudly professed he lost his cherry at age 14 to a classmate. I haven't got a clue why he would volunteer that, but I replied, "No big deal, I was having my pick of the married women while boys his age were playing spin-the-bottle.

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Keep it up guys and I'll be splitting another thread into General LeeFoolery forum, or would that be the General NandoFoolery forum? :cyclops:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Web Police said:
Keep it up guys and I'll be splitting another thread into General LeeFoolery forum, or would that be the General NandoFoolery forum? :cyclops:
Sorry, back on track. I know Lee is adept at keeping these old receivers in better than factory-fresh condition. There isn't anything I believe Lee would sell to a member that wouldn't be in #1 condition. He sent me a Pioneer SG-9500 equalizer which was in flawless condition and threw in a mild servicing to ensure it would last.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Now nando, i'll have you know my Mom was way ahead of her time. When i was 14 she sent me to her best friends house for 2 days, yep she was a hottie, Calie was her name. her only instruction from Mom was" Make sure he don't turn out like his Dad" Man , two days of Calie was like..............................................................

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Elite-ist said:
[quote="Web Police":1izalwjj]Keep it up guys and I'll be splitting another thread into General LeeFoolery forum, or would that be the General NandoFoolery forum? :cyclops:
Sorry, back on track. I know Lee is adept at keeping these old receivers in better than factory-fresh condition. There isn't anything I believe Lee would sell to a member that wouldn't be in #1 condition. He sent me a Pioneer SG-9500 equalizer which was in flawless condition and threw in a mild servicing to ensure it would last.

Nando.[/quote:1izalwjj]

Post what you want. Just toss in a Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood, Hitachi, Toshiba, Yamaha, Nikko, Rotel once in awhile so my forum thread scanning software gets fooled into think the thread is still on track. :cyclops:

Elite-ist

Staff member
OK... now I want moderator priveleges so I can shut Lee down. He is flat out bragging, Christ All McIntosh!

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Great observation, now if we could just find a conclusion around here we could all go home.....

BTW--Welcome to Phoenix..

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Even worse were those 80's JVC's with sliders for everything, dust got in there quick, and scratchy city!
Thank you, stuwee, for that confirmation of my opinion! I had always held back from buying one of those Super-A JVC's for that very reason, even though I liked their sound. I did have a something-or-orther-901 JVC amp for a while, and it had NO linear pots, but it had other problems, good sound was not among the problems - 120 watts/channel. If I had it to do over, it would have gone in the shop...

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
It's nice to see this thread revitalized. Looking back, I didn't have an idea during my past posts within this thread that I would finally acquire a Pioneer SX-1980 receiver. But I have one now and it will last me a long time.

Nando.