The receiver 'Power Wars'

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
That split Sansui is sick...

Of the big Pioneer receivers, I only have owned a SX-1080. I thought it was a great receiver but no one really appreciated them back in the early 90s when I eventually traded it for an Ibanez DT-550 Destroyer. That silver faced equipment was always in the pawn shops and could be had for pretty cheap. I wish I had kept half the stuff I had back then and bought the other stuff I just took for granted

Rat44

Journeyman
That Sansui was king of the hill.
I have only seen pictures of it,never seen one up close.
That amp section looks like it could do some serious damage to speakers,and hearing.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
The Sansui G-33000 would have been one I would have liked to hear through a few different pairs of speakers. I will probably find out more on what happened to it on my next visit into IA. I see someone had one for sale for a cool $4500 last year on Canuck Audio Mart.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
And reportedly by the seller, copied from his ad:

"... $4500.00 obo.
(One sold for 10k recently that was restored!).
"

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Man, I thought the AU-11000A I had was the biggest and baddest of the old Sansui's. Wish I kept that, bought it for $20 complete w/ all knobs but not working at the fleamarket around 5-6 years ago. Searched in vain for PCB replacement board for it, one small one was cracked in half. I ended up selling it at our local auction, bidding went to $200

Elite-ist

Staff member
It's good to see back on line here, stuwee. You might have a bit of catching up to do, but I hope to see more of your thought-invoking posts and general enlightenment you bring to the forum.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
perchance it might have been this beauty?

PIONEER P-D70 (1984)

Even though I have a 101 disc file changer (PD-F907) I have wanted that CD player for years as it's not only silver faced, it's so damned PRETTY.

Always too expensive. Gonna put my 60 disc Optimus slot loader up for sale or trade for sure now (It's a SONY, I'm almost certain now).

Besides that I have a Sony DVD player and Pioneer laserdisc player in that room (if I ever take side two of Woodstock out...or was it Elephant Parts-"Name That Drug" at the side two start)?

Elite-ist

Staff member
Pioneer SX-5580

Here's the black-faced version of the Pioneer SX-1050. It had received an ice-blue LED conversion for the backlighting on the face. I am posting this for Jacob, who is contemplating an LED conversion from the stock incandescent lamps on his Pioneer SX-1250 receiver.

Nando.

Rat44

Journeyman
Thats a great looking 5580 you got a hold of there.
Pioneer got the look perfect on that series.
Someday I will find another one.

Elite-ist

Staff member
That SX-5580 was one that Gordon at IA had. Not mine, but it was tempting for me to make an offer on it.

Nando.